Mr. Anonymous Game #22 @ 4/04/2015

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples,

I have promised on my last game that, this one would be interesting and maybe, more difficult however, there are some folks here that seem to read my mind so, we see what happens...!

What I have here, is a process of steps for a pen that I was suppose to have made but, things went pear shape after the 3 round of steps necessary, all went fine until then but, it wasn't suppose to be...!

Sometimes, we have an idea and when put it into practice, things don't work as we though, there are material reactions that we couldn't have known until tried, huh..??

Now, the question is this;

The making of this pen was to serve a purpose, what was it...???

005.JPG025.JPG027.JPG029.JPG

Winner get 12 blanks and pays AU$18.00 shipping transferred by Paypal to, nyodine@yahoo.com.au

Good luck,

Cheers
George

Last edited:

1080Wayne

It looks like you were trying to fuse powdered glass onto the pen tube without distorting the tube , so I suppose that was the point at which you abandoned the attempt to make a glass pen .

fitty

The black looks like ebonite that was turned to size and cast in alumilite or pr with the goal to create a blank that didn't require back painting.

1080Wayne

The black looks like ebonite that was turned to size and cast in alumilite or pr with the goal to create a blank that didn't require back painting.

I think the black things are just pen tubes that have been treated with heat or some chemical process to make the glass frit stick better . They look to me that they are on an old bolt that has been ground down to make it easier to hold them with pliers when things get hot . But I have been wrong before .

Skeleton2014

I'm on the DL but from my limited glassblowing and flame working, would agree that you were trying to build up layers of glass with frit but, it didn't evenly adhere to the tubes.

Did anyone else question this game's title... "9 Attachment(s)..." I only saw 4 picture attachments???
Jeff

It looks like you were trying to fuse powdered glass onto the pen tube without distorting the tube , so I suppose that was the point at which you abandoned the attempt to make a glass pen .

robutacion

I'm on the DL but from my limited glassblowing and flame working, would agree that you were trying to build up layers of glass with frit but, it didn't evenly adhere to the tubes.

Did anyone else question this game's title... "9 Attachment(s)..." I only saw 4 picture attachments???
Jeff

God bless you for not being blind...!:eek::biggrin:

Wasn't suppose to be there and I have no idea from where it come from...!:confused:

I only notice it, after I read your reply, thanks for that...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

As for the responses/guesses, no one got even close...!

As I said on the OP, the things went wrong after the 3 step so, the first steps were OK, step one was pic 1, step 2 pic 2 and step 3 was a second layer of the same stuff used on step 2.

This was suppose to be a special pen, indeed...!:frown:

Cheers
George

Karl_99

A sintering process with blue lapis. In step 3 there was an area with no blue color due to low heating or inconsistent mixing.

philb

Trying to use Mica powder (that is normal mixed in with the PR) to coat the pen to give a hologram/glitter effect rather than a smooth pearl.
But the Mica had reacted with Glue/Paint underneath to form a liquid coating on the one end. Which was the opposite of what was wanted!!

robutacion

Absolutely amazing thinking and I hope you guys realise that, none of the suggestions are correct, the number of ideas I saw already coming out of it, are nothing else than, smart...!

Let me tell you one thing, while I appreciate you guys and gals, trying to describe what the materials are and the processes I took and where it went wrong, let me tell you that, everything went OK until the 3th step, that step went perfectly and as expected but, was that I had in mind to do on the 4th step that spoiled the whole thing however, and contrary to everyone so far seems to believe the question is, is not correct.

By all means, describe the steps and materials if you dare, I can also tell to that, they have nothing to do with glass material, these are coloured materials that I saw on eBay that are used for something else totally different and that has to do with women's hands so, I purchase a few of these type thinks tom try to use them on pen blank making, with a difference.

However, the game question has more to do with the reason why, I was making that particular pen, the subject was discussed not that long ago.

Please keep suggesting those processes and materials, that part of the game fascinates me and gives me clue/hints to new experimentations but, I will award the prize to the person that really give me the response I require...!

Cheers
George

fitty

You were attempting to make a "ebonized" wood blank by using a permanent black marker.

Last edited:

lyonsacc

You were trying to get good glow in the dark blue color for casting. Unfortunately the blue washed out the glow in the dark part.

fitty

Or you were trying to cast resin over wood, and the oil or moisture content reacted negatively with the pr.

1080Wayne

Edgar , are you suggesting that George was trying to make a pen to match his new fingernails ?? That would make it a special pen , indeed !! Or that the nail supplies firm into which he has invested his pen blank profits would like to be able to offer pens to match their nails ??

Last edited:

robutacion

You were trying to make a special pen for your wife.

Yes, I was trying to make a special pen, but not for my wife, it could have been but, that was not the case...!

As for my fingernails, yes they often change colour, too often in fact but not from the suggestion you are making but due to working with spray paints, and all sorts of materials that stains anything it touches and my hands get coloured all the time, ,not only my fingernails...!:biggrin:

You know, I may just do that, contact a nails colouring company, from where I purchased these coloured materials, I have no idea what is in them or what they are made of, something very light weigh that stuck's to everything, making pens with their finishes and maybe logo, could be a acceptable idea for this people and I may make half a dozen of them as samples, as they would call however, after they would get their hands of the "samples" and the idea, they will be mass producing a copy of my work and send me a not saying that, they never received the samples and that, when asked about the copies of my originals I see now on sale, they would be saying that, the pens appearing in the market based on they product line, was their idea and project..! After all, "they" copy even the most copyright protected items, regardless of who owns that copyright so, why would I bother...???

Oh and yes, the enormous capital I have invested in this, could cause the next recession period in the Australia economy...!:eek::wink::biggrin:

I hope everybody is having a good Easter...!:)

Cheers
George

Krash

.... to serve a purpose, huh?

How about to match a woman's ensemble or outfit? Like a matching pen to go with her nail color or eye shadow or shoes?

I'm having to think pretty far out of the box here. Not something I'm gonna find in my toolbox or garage!

robutacion

.... to serve a purpose, huh?

How about to match a woman's ensemble or outfit? Like a matching pen to go with her nail color or eye shadow or shoes?

I'm having to think pretty far out of the box here. Not something I'm gonna find in my toolbox or garage!

Yes, it was started for a reason and I know that you know what that reason is but, you haven't yet connected the dots, you have been close, though...!

I have spoke of this pen making intention, a couple time on IAP, not that long ago, in one of the times I was quite specific in explaining my frustration about the failure, I had it all worked out in my brain, for months but, I underestimated the unpredictability of some materials reactions to each other and this was the very first time I attempted to make a pen this way.

The most annoying part was not the failure but the fact that, I had made some mention to the recipient, of the uniqueness that the pen would have, and that was never realised, unfortunately...!:frown:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Making another pen for the IAP Collection?

Making another pen for the IAP collection, could have been the reason but, in reality, that is not correct...!

Cheers
George

AH-ha! I've got it. :)

Too bad I'm on the DL - I won't spill the beans just yet though

Thanks mate, you connected the dots, very good...!

Its interesting that, so much of the material/stories/events, etc., that I have shared on this forum and others before IAP, endup being mentioned, used, referred to, searched as possible sources of clues/hints or even direct answers to many of these games and other situations where, what was said then, is years later validated and remembered by some of you, when searching for the correct answers to many of these games questions...!

I suppose, what I'm trying to say in that, someone once said to me that, no one can keep a lye forever, and lye's are easy forgotten, particularly by someone with such a memory problems, such as myself. Sometimes are others that remind me of the exact same story being told years back so, they couldn't be possibly lye's, something that, I was never any good at it and never will...!

It does pleases me when that happen, true stories, events, are never completely forgotten, huh...???:wink::biggrin:

Thank you for your silence, I have been having a lot of fun just reading all the possibilities of what could have been...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom