Mr. Anonymous Game #17 @ 9/02/2015

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples,

This 2015 year, is running quite fast, or is just me...??:biggrin:

I've got another easy question for this game, it is one from my stables that remindes be very much so, of one of the typical species of the USA, I think that canada, also has it, not 100% sure...!

The price will be the normal 500gr parcel with 8 of my hand selected blanks and they can be, anything...!

Winner pays for shipping @ AU$14.00 through Paypal to, nyodine@yahoo.com.au, thanks...!

Everyone is welcome to participate, I really would like to see more of the newer members to have a go, the only thing you need is to have a copy of my timber list, available on the top bar of my new web-store (address on my posts signature, below) and a little Google search on the species names that you think, may be a match. You may already know this wood, all the better...!:wink:

So, the question is;

What is the common name of this wood species, the scientific name is not applicable in this case, I need the name I have on the list, please...!

042.JPG

PS: Do you know that, I may write some clues on my posts, with the invisible ink...??? Yeah, just like that...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
George only said that it is not #9 Colonial Red Gum -- he did not say that no one has yet given a correct answer. I don't know if that means anything, but it might be worth consideration.

robutacion

Hi folks,

Let me just say that this, is #9 Colonial Red Gum View attachment 128945View attachment 128946

and that is not the correct answer I'm looking for...!

Cheers
George

Those pictures of Colonial Red Gum are much lighter than the stuff I got a few months ago.

Look at the ends of the square blank and see how dark they are, its only wax but, that's what the colours turns to when wet/coated with anything...!

What were exactly the blanks you received from this wood species, the normal wood, such as the last 2 pics, the curly, the root, the burl...???:confused:

Cheers
George

robutacion

I doubt if it's Tasmanian Myrtle Burl or Pink Burl - George did say that it's on his timbers list and the only Tasmanian wood there is Tasmanian Blue Gum -- I suppose that might be a possibility, although this example doesn't quite look like George's photo:
Tasmanian blue gum, also known as Southern Blue Gum

Yes, you are correct Edgar, is on my timbers list and is very Aussie, couldn't be more Aussie that this...!:eek::wink:

Tasmanian Blue Gum trees are readily available/seen all around these areas, some in plantations and others planted around houses, yards, etc. They are know for not being as messy and dangerous as some of our most common Gum trees that drop dead branches all the time and some quite large.

Cheerss
George

robutacion

George only said that it is not #9 Colonial Red Gum -- he did not say that no one has yet given a correct answer. I don't know if that means anything, but it might be worth consideration.

Absolutely, after all, if I would be showing a cow's leg and ask what it was, would you say, a "cow" or a "steak"...???

Sure, is from a cow but, are all parts of the cow, all or look the same..???:rolleyes::)

Cheers
George

Top Bottom