Mr. Anonymous Game #12 @ 21/11/2014

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

It was pointed out to me that I am still on the 30 day DL (disabled list)... Just trying to hone my wood identification and dectective skills. So, you're welcome to use any of my guesses. George will not confirm or deny it they are right or wrong (probably wrong) per official Mr A rules.
Jeff

Yea, I may be in the penalty box also. Not sure but I am sure George is keeping track! We will see!:wink:

Yes you are, until 24/11/14...! sorry:frown:

Cheers
George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Krash

It was pointed out to me that I am still on the 30 day DL (disabled list)... Just trying to hone my wood identification and dectective skills. So, you're welcome to use any of my guesses. George will not confirm or deny it they are right or wrong (probably wrong) per official Mr A rules.
Jeff

Yea, I may be in the penalty box also. Not sure but I am sure George is keeping track! We will see!:wink:

Yes you are, until 24/11/14...! sorry:frown:

Cheers
George

Ha ha ha :rotfl: I kinda wondered. :rolleyes:

Oh well .... next time :RockOn: !

Huummmmm ..... I wonder who's gonna guess in my place? :confused:

robutacion

And the winner is...???

It does look like platypus gum , so I will guess it , but only George knows

I wish you guys stop speaking in code, well sort of, I almost missed the answer as your guess, congratulations, you are the winner:)...!

Yes, the correct answer is the #26 Platypus Gum, one of the wood species used in these games, before. As I mentioned, these blanks were processed recently, not because it was a new wood, not at all, I have had it for years, but because, this was the first time I decided to created a distinct 2 tone blanks, looking and selecting certain specific parts of the log, to achieve what I wanted.

This wood has been cut and listed and #26st (straight cut), #26Z (diagonal) #26X (cross cut), #26B burl normal, #26BS burl special (pink burl), #26spt (spalted), #26R (Resifills) and now #26 2T (2 tone). I may even be forgetting some other blanks I made from this wood, but these are what I recall, at the moment...!

I thought that this guess was going to be an easy one for everybody, I made reference of the "fire" colouration, cut in a certain way, such as the cross and diagonal cuts, sold for many years...!

Anyway, for Skeleton2014 and krash, sorry that I couldn't award the prizes to you 2 but, rules are there for a reason, I'm sure you understand and accept...!

Wayne had nothing to worry about, his last win on in 19/8/2014, 3 months ago so, pretty safe to claim another win...!:wink::biggrin:

I have seen a few new faces/names in this game, thank you for that...!

Well, is time to wrap up game #12, thank you to all those that participated, most appreciated...!

Please Paypal AU$14.00 to, nyodine@yahoo.com.au, and the prize will be in the mail, very soon...!

Cheers
George

1080Wayne

My thanks again to you and Mr Anonymous , George . Also to Skeleton2014 and Krash for their assistance . i will try to return the favour , although you seem to be able to use your time around here more effectively than I do .

Those platypus gum blanks certainly look different from the ones I purchased from you several years ago George . That is not surprising to me as I can easily find similar variation in any of my common woods that many consider to be humdrum . Thank you for the insight into your range of Australian woods .

Paypal has been sent . Time for bed .

robutacion

My thanks again to you and Mr Anonymous , George . Also to Skeleton2014 and Krash for their assistance . i will try to return the favour , although you seem to be able to use your time around here more effectively than I do .

Those platypus gum blanks certainly look different from the ones I purchased from you several years ago George . That is not surprising to me as I can easily find similar variation in any of my common woods that many consider to be humdrum . Thank you for the insight into your range of Australian woods .

Paypal has been sent . Time for bed .

You're welcome, mate...!

Paypal received, thank you, blanks will be in the mail tomorrow morning.

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean with, using my time on IAP more effectively than you, I'm sure this is a complement there somewhere...!:wink:

I do spend some time, everyday on IAP, that is most certainly, a fact...!:biggrin:

As for the variations within the same wood species, some species are a lot more giving than other but, there is also a fact that, there ways and ways to slice up woods..!:wink::biggrin:

I can't say much for the "help/assistance" you got from Skeleton2014 and Krash, it was for "grabs" I was just waiting to see who would grab it, and you did, good for you...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom