Mr. Anonymous Game #12 @ 21/11/2014

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples,

I know that, most of you guys are busy trying to get the "deal" challenge pen done but, I thought that you wouldn't mind playing a quick game in between, as for those members not participating on the "deal" challenge, they may want also try to win some blanks...!

OK, what I've got here, are some blanks that I just process and made ready for listing on my private web-store, I was going to list them today (evening) but, I thought in use them for this week's game.

They are raw wood with only one face waxed, the variations in between blanks, can be substantial, all cut from the same log (medium size log). I made other blanks from this log but I selected the bits that would produce distinct 2 tone blanks and a combination of 2 predominant colours that, may or not, be half/half on the blanks length. The 2 packs shown are a good example (there are 13 packs in total)

035a.jpg036a.jpg

Anyway, I can wait a little longer to list them, I have dozens of other blanks of all sorts done, ready to be listed but, I seem to be finding always an excuse to do them later (listings) my experience with adding listing on eBay, was a dramatic one for me to the point that, I hate to do listings now...!

OK, I have already said that, these are 2T (2 tone) blanks, I would like to ask you to, give me the name of the wood species, these blanks were cut from...?

The winner gets a 500gr parcel with at least 8 (eight) of my blanks, that I will select from my stock. They can be all wood, some stabilized and or some Resifills, possibly a mix but not yet determined.

The winner pay shipping, @ AU$14.00 by Paypal to, nyodine@yahoo.com.au

Good luck everybody...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Nah...! far from it...!

Just so that you know, the best benefit you can get from these games (apart from the prizes), is the realization/learning of the amazing array of colours, grains and cut variations a single tree can produce. This is not only a reality to Aussie woods, not at all, this nature's works of art make the whole woodworking process, a very interesting one.

Learning to recognize my woods, is no doubt the primordial goal of these games, you are introduced to lots of "variations" that will amaze you but at the same time will trick you to think, some of these woods are unknown to you and therefore, never presented in these games before.

Well, that can be a very silly mistake, you have to consider all possibilities, including wood species that have already been part of previous games. I'm not saying or denying that, this one has been talked about here, that is just something that you need to know, can be a possibility...!

I may have confused you more than give you a hint but in reality, I am hinting...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Turkey Wattle

Hah...! so this is you new Sassafras..???:biggrin:

See if I can find some of that, I have plenty of Wattles but, the only Turkey I have around here, is me...!:eek::)

Cheers
George

No clues yet Georgie?

We are waiting ..... searching ... wondering .... confused .... :confused: :confused: :frown:

Helloooooo ... calling George. Come in George.

Roger, Kelly...!

Channel has heavy traffic, I will try to use noise filter #2 something, with fire protection...!

As for the clues...??? that was a clue, already...!

But, but, and if I used this woo here, before...??? did you read my post #5...???

What do you think, is one of mine or not...??? I have already answer that, in a way...! Is it a new species, (never shown in these games) or, it has been used before...???

So, where did you seen wood capable to produce these colourations...??? doesn't it resemble "fire"...??? someone did use most of it as firewood before I was able to swap it with some of my firewood.

Now, where did you read about this story and what wood was it...???

Well, you wanted a clue, and I almost gave you the correct answer, lets see if you or someone else, READ this info and works it all out...!

Most products we buy, have the "truth" written in very small print (they don't want you to read it/be aware, anyway...!) in this case, I make sure you guys and gals don't miss the "print"

Hahahahahahah:eek::wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Sprung

(I will say that these games have had me going through your timbers list many times and then searching for images of listed woods - and admiring how beautiful some of them are!)

Skeleton2014

It was pointed out to me that I am still on the 30 day DL (disabled list)... Just trying to hone my wood identification and dectective skills. So, you're welcome to use any of my guesses. George will not confirm or deny it they are right or wrong (probably wrong) per official Mr A rules.
Jeff

Krash

It was pointed out to me that I am still on the 30 day DL (disabled list)... Just trying to hone my wood identification and dectective skills. So, you're welcome to use any of my guesses. George will not confirm or deny it they are right or wrong (probably wrong) per official Mr A rules.
Jeff

Yea, I may be in the penalty box also. Not sure but I am sure George is keeping track! We will see!:wink:

Top Bottom