Mr. Anonymous Game #10 @ 30/10/2014

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi everybody...!

Here we go again, this time the pics are not from pen blanks samples but from one slice of a dry burl I sliced a couple of weeks ago, with the intention to list them on my private web-store. I decided that many times, I slice pieces that have an amazing grain, colouration and pattern however, after is cut in pen blanks, I all that beauty is lost and while, there is no way around it, I though that when suitable/possible I would start to sell these slices as one piece and allow others to enjoy it and decided what they want to do with it.

I decided to cut the slices in 1" thick and try to sell them to the bigger sizes I can and for that, I had to consider the way of having them shipped long distances and do so in a way that the piece would arrive in one piecer or not broken. For that, I searched the pizza boxes sizes available and the sizes that I would try to keep these wood slices at (diameter wise).

So I order all the boxes, I have had them for some time but, I didn't do anything yet to take pics and have them listed...!
Many of these slices are great candidates for filling with resin or other material so, I decided not to spray one surface with varnish to enhance the colours for the pic as that would contaminate the wood if for casting and off-course, the cost of varnishing fair size areas so, I sprayed this slice with clean water and took the pic on only one of the slices, at that time (date in the pic)

I just saw that slice in the workshop this afternoon so, I decided to use it for this game #10

The question is simple;

*- What is the name or number of this wood/burl species...???

045.JPG

The correct answer will get a pack of 8 blanks, from this species, some burl some not...!

The winner pays the AU$14.00 shipping.

I will most probably list the slices I have cut of this burl, on my private web-store, after this game is over so that, those interested, can have some...!

So lets go ladies and gents, boys and girls, anyone is welcome to give it a go...!

Best of luck...!:wink:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Sorry folks, not even close...!:wink::biggrin:

Quite common around houses and streets, good shady trees...!

These are one sort of trees that are good at "swallowing" anything that it get in contact with, giving it the time...!:eek::)

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Sorry guys and gals, no correct answer, yet...!

I know that, is only a process of elimination with many of these games however, there is a "fair" number of wood species to consider, huh...???:rolleyes::)

Hint;

There is a type of "allergic" reaction that humans suffer, that has something to do with part of this wood species name...!:eek::biggrin: I said too much, I reckon...!:monkey:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom