I would like to make you an offer...! - Page 2 - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > Vendor Forums > George's Bits of Timber
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2017, 08:40 PM   #11 (permalink)

Photos: 4

Well Iím up for the challenge. Itís been a while since I took on a challenge as it has been a year from heck. This certainly would take my mind at ease. Thank you for your consideration. Terry

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app
gimpy is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-06-2017, 10:08 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautys_Beast View Post
I am neither as experienced, or have the credentials as the others, but if you need a Ginny Pig, I'm your man. I would be happy to give it a go.
A Ginny-pig...? no no no mate, I do the Guinny pig thing myself when I make something new, I always turn it first before I offer it to others.

I appreciate you coming forwards and be honest about your experience level, it takes guts and I like to see that however, there is one point that I need to talk about related to the least experience turners with these sort of materials, the last thing I need is to put someone in a position of stress but giving him/her a blank or two of something they have no idea how to handle it, have it destroyed and then feel disappointed and have his/her self-confidence put down as a result of the exercise/experience.

I don't want that BUT, I also don't mind when someone tells me that, they are up for a challenge and ready for any results, that is a state of mind, I applaud and like to see so, the chances are, I will come up with something that will allow YOU to be part of this offer, keep your eyes open and follow this thread, something is ready to happen, very soon...!

Cheers
George

Email: nyodine@yahoo.com.au

Web-Store: https://www.georges-bits-of-timber.com/
robutacion is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-06-2017, 10:40 PM   #13 (permalink)

Default Change of plans on my offer...!

G'day peoples,

Well, I may not have thought of this as I should but as it works out, various members would like to participate in this offer and you know, I'm glad that it turned out that way, as I said on the opening thread, I have a number of other blanks that aren't that well know or seen in finished pens so, there is no reason why I can't change things a little and please a few more people.

OK so, this is what I will do, I will use the 250gr postal bag at the cost of AU$12.00 this will be covered/paid by each participant, inside that postal bag, I will put 2 identical Short Resifills, I do this just in case one blank gets destroyed beyond repair, which happens often but I hope that in here, the 2 blanks will be used and finished as planned.

Now, inside that same envelope, it will have room for another 2 or 3 full-size blanks, you can pick one of any of the Resifills I have on sale and one raw wood blank that you have to tell me what it is between Olive root, Majestic Olive, A1 grade Olive wood and Olive root blue (beautiful stuff) and if any room/weight left, I pick one myself and add it to the envelope.

Remember, you only pay for the shipping ($12.00) all blanks inside that envelope are yours free of charge and of all the blanks, I only require that one of the Resifill shorts is put in a nice single barrel kit/pen, have 2 close-up pics takes and shown on this main thread AND, we never know, I may endup giving a prize to the pen I think is the best, will see...!

At the moment we have;

* mckenziedrums

* magpens

* Wce274

* Beautys_Beast

* Hopco

* gimpy

There are 6 participants so far, of a maximum of 10 I will accept, I will give until 12:00 midnight (my time) before I close the applications.

I hope this pleases everybody, you receive less Resifills shorts to work with but everybody is in so, "a little bit of something is a lot better than plenty of nothing...!"

Let me know what you think.

Cheers
George

Advertisement
Old 11-06-2017, 10:48 PM   #14 (permalink)

Photos: 0

Very generous of you! For my packet, surprise me. Pick whichever resifill you'd most like finished pictures of. For the wood I wouldn't mind trying some of that root burl.
mckenziedrums is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-06-2017, 10:55 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckenziedrums View Post
Very generous of you! For my packet, surprise me. Pick whichever resifill you'd most like finished pictures of. For the wood I wouldn't mind trying some of that root burl.
OK mate, say no more, I've got you covered...!

Cheers
George

Old 11-07-2017, 07:56 AM   #16 (permalink)

I'd be interested in giving this a try. The only issue would be I'm not a photographer and my pictures are not pro-quality like some here. Just finish 1 single barrel pen in 30 days or less and send you pictures? As a retiree perhaps I can find the time Anything you send would be fine. I've never received anything from you that didn't widen my eyes when I opened the package!

Last edited by Ambidex; 11-07-2017 at 07:57 AM.
Ambidex is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-07-2017, 10:19 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambidex View Post
I'd be interested in giving this a try. The only issue would be I'm not a photographer and my pictures are not pro-quality like some here. Just finish 1 single barrel pen in 30 days or less and send you pictures? As a retiree perhaps I can find the time Anything you send would be fine. I've never received anything from you that didn't widen my eyes when I opened the package!
Well, that will be easy to do/accomplish, I will get all the names and I will officially start the offer very soon.

Cheers
George

Old 11-07-2017, 07:18 PM   #18 (permalink)

Default Offer

I'm in have a US address for shipping. Thanks Jeff
camb is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-07-2017, 08:05 PM   #19 (permalink)

Photos: 76

I am interested...Thinking a Zen RB would work well for these.

Thank you, Karl
Karl_99 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-07-2017, 08:15 PM   #20 (permalink)

I too would like to thank you for your generosity And the same goes for me, your choice, but I wood (pun) like to try the Olive root blue. Thank you again. Will be waiting for the official start. Terry

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app
gimpy is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads