I would like to make you an offer...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

G'day peoples,

I have a simple offer for someone that is willing to follow the conditions/my request.

This offer consists of 4 (four) Resifill shorts (4") made from coconut crashed husk stabilised, died and epoxy resin of various colours (THIS HAS NOW BEEN CHANGED TO ACCOMMODATE A LARGER NUMBER OF PARTICIPANTS...!) that I would like someone to put them on single barrel pens/kits that you see suitable and have some close-up pics taken and shown/posted on this thread so that everybody can have a look.

You only have to pay for shipping, AU$12.00 international and or $9.00 within Australia, I sent you the 4 blanks shown below and also a surprise git blank free of charge.

Why am I doing this, well, some time ago, I started to use this coconut crushed husk to make different types of blanks, including some/a few full-size pen blanks that sold at the time but I'm yet to see any pen properly done with these blanks and I wonder why they are the closest thing I ever made to the palm tree root Resifills that were a success some time ago, some still in stock from the last batch and the last blanks I will make out of that material as I run out and I doubt I will ever get another suitable root.

I find these blanks quite interesting and beautiful, recently I decided to use some of the e-cig blanks I made at that time with this material and sliced them into pen blanks that are only 4" long, some of these blanks and other of the same length were offered recently on IAP but, none of these has sold and I wonder why.

Is it because people don't know what to expect and how they will look when done..? are they concern the blanks are difficult to work with...?

I'm not sure and that is the very reason I'm offering 4 of these blanks (various colours) for someone that is confident that he/she can handle them without any issues and make 4 stunning pens out of them, that they can keep and do whatever they want with them.

I would like at least 2 pics of each pen and I strongly suggest that you use CA as the finish, the CA multiple coats will strengthen these blanks considerably and I also prefer to see that deep gloss finish.

I'm also expecting to see the pens made within 30 days after the blanks arrival to you.

So, who is up for the challenge..?

Put your name on, I don't think that this would be suitable for beginners or someone that has never worked with Resifills/hybrids so, I trust you will make the right decision on getting your hand up or not, I will respect you either way...!

Here are the blanks;

001.JPG

Are you ready...!:biggrin::wink:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

George,

I've yet to try any of your blanks and would absolutely be willing to take these on. My photos are what I believe to be of decent quality and I can email you a couple examples for you to judge. Just let me know.

Regards,
Tim

G'day Tim,

I've seen the pics you sent me by email and I like what I saw, congrats.

I'm also impressed by your willingness and bravery to have a go, I can see you know how to work with resin/acrylics and that is a good start.

I really have no intention to "drag" this thread on to see who would come forward, however, I would like to give the opportunity for others to read my request and show their interest in participating in things like these as I have many other blanks that aren't that well known and I believe they deserve better so, your name is on my friend let me see what others have to say, you have a good chance to get this challenge, lets wait 24 hours and see what happens...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Yep, do a bit of casting myself and those flower blanks in the photos were ones I made and turned. Those were interesting since they were dried but certainly not stabilized in any way. The green tea smelled great on the lathe! Just let me know... I have a feeling these would turn out to be the most expensive "free" blanks ever because likely I'll run out of excuses to not buy more from you. :) Thanks for the opportunity!

robutacion

Yep, do a bit of casting myself and those flower blanks in the photos were ones I made and turned. Those were interesting since they were dried but certainly not stabilized in any way. The green tea smelled great on the lathe! Just let me know... I have a feeling these would turn out to be the most expensive "free" blanks ever because likely I'll run out of excuses to not buy more from you. :) Thanks for the opportunity!

Hahahahah, I'm not doing this so that you or others feel obligated to buy these blanks from me, nothing like that, I'm a lot more interested in making these blanks known and be appreciated by everybody, after all, they have not be hidden but I didn't talk that much about them and when I did, it may have been the wrong time, I don't know, either way, I believe they make stunning pens and is based on that that I want you guys to know about them.:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Oh I know... It's just... so far I've managed to look at all the beautiful wood you list and say "Tim, you have a blank problem... you need to make some of the ones you have before you buy new ones..." But, if there's a box coming over the ocean, it only makes sense to put more beautiful wood in it right??? I can't have those little guys getting lonely on that journey. It has nothing to do with my addiction to beautiful wood, nope not a bit. :tongue:

magpens

Please consider me a candidate, George.

I have 8 years of experience with about 800 pens completed ... no blow-outs ever.

Those pens are about half wood and half acrylic (mostly cast by vendors on IAP)

Nearly all wood pens have been finished with CA, 8 - 30 coats, sanded and polished to a high gloss using automotive polishes and Novus polishes. . My customers have been very impressed with the clear and brilliant results.

Acrylic pens have been sanded to 2000 grit with paper, followed my micromesh, and followed by Mequiar's automotive, followed by Novus 3 and then Novus 3 polishes.

I would love to do this for you, George, and can promise finished results within 30 days of receipt.

Last edited:

Beautys_Beast

I am neither as experienced, or have the credentials as the others, but if you need a Ginny Pig, I'm your man. I would be happy to give it a go.

Now that's an offer that can hardly be beat with a stick. I'd put my name in but my photography skills lie somewhere between 0 and none. I know we have some people here that can do them the justice that they truly deserve.

robutacion

I am neither as experienced, or have the credentials as the others, but if you need a Ginny Pig, I'm your man. I would be happy to give it a go.

A Ginny-pig...? no no no mate, I do the Guinny pig thing myself when I make something new, I always turn it first before I offer it to others.:biggrin:

I appreciate you coming forwards and be honest about your experience level, it takes guts and I like to see that however, there is one point that I need to talk about related to the least experience turners with these sort of materials, the last thing I need is to put someone in a position of stress but giving him/her a blank or two of something they have no idea how to handle it, have it destroyed and then feel disappointed and have his/her self-confidence put down as a result of the exercise/experience.

I don't want that BUT, I also don't mind when someone tells me that, they are up for a challenge and ready for any results, that is a state of mind, I applaud and like to see so, the chances are, I will come up with something that will allow YOU to be part of this offer, keep your eyes open and follow this thread, something is ready to happen, very soon...!:biggrin::wink:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Change of plans on my offer...!

G'day peoples,

Well, I may not have thought of this as I should but as it works out, various members would like to participate in this offer and you know, I'm glad that it turned out that way, as I said on the opening thread, I have a number of other blanks that aren't that well know or seen in finished pens so, there is no reason why I can't change things a little and please a few more people.:biggrin:

OK so, this is what I will do, I will use the 250gr postal bag at the cost of AU$12.00 this will be covered/paid by each participant, inside that postal bag, I will put 2 identical Short Resifills, I do this just in case one blank gets destroyed beyond repair, which happens often but I hope that in here, the 2 blanks will be used and finished as planned.

Now, inside that same envelope, it will have room for another 2 or 3 full-size blanks, you can pick one of any of the Resifills I have on sale and one raw wood blank that you have to tell me what it is between Olive root, Majestic Olive, A1 grade Olive wood and Olive root blue (beautiful stuff) and if any room/weight left, I pick one myself and add it to the envelope.

Remember, you only pay for the shipping ($12.00) all blanks inside that envelope are yours free of charge and of all the blanks, I only require that one of the Resifill shorts is put in a nice single barrel kit/pen, have 2 close-up pics takes and shown on this main thread AND, we never know, I may endup giving a prize to the pen I think is the best, will see...!:biggrin:

At the moment we have;

* mckenziedrums

* magpens

* Wce274

* Beautys_Beast

* Hopco

* gimpy

There are 6 participants so far, of a maximum of 10 I will accept, I will give until 12:00 midnight (my time) before I close the applications.

I hope this pleases everybody, you receive less Resifills shorts to work with but everybody is in so, "a little bit of something is a lot better than plenty of nothing...!":)

Let me know what you think.

Cheers
George

Ambidex

I'd be interested in giving this a try. The only issue would be I'm not a photographer and my pictures are not pro-quality like some here. Just finish 1 single barrel pen in 30 days or less and send you pictures? As a retiree perhaps I can find the time:biggrin: Anything you send would be fine. I've never received anything from you that didn't widen my eyes when I opened the package!

Last edited:

robutacion

I'd be interested in giving this a try. The only issue would be I'm not a photographer and my pictures are not pro-quality like some here. Just finish 1 single barrel pen in 30 days or less and send you pictures? As a retiree perhaps I can find the time:biggrin: Anything you send would be fine. I've never received anything from you that didn't widen my eyes when I opened the package!

Well, that will be easy to do/accomplish, I will get all the names and I will officially start the offer very soon.

Cheers
George

gimpy

I too would like to thank you for your generosity And the same goes for me, your choice, but I wood (pun) like to try the Olive root blue. Thank you again. Will be waiting for the official start. Terry

Sent from my iPad using Penturners.org mobile app

robutacion

Preparation for official start...!

Hi everybody,

If I counted correctly the expressions of interest, we have 9 names and I mentioned that I would accept 10 so, one to go...!

The main reason for this post and after reading some of your comments is obvious that there are those of you that have dreamed of being able to turn some of my blanks so this will be your wish come through as I will allow each participant to select that dream blank as part of this main offer.

The main blanks that will be the priority of this offer are still the coconut crashed husk resifills and any other blanks that I mentioned are not very well know, each participant will receive one of those (changed the number from 2 to 1 due to the number of people participating...!), those are the blanks that I want to see turned into a single barrel kit of your choice the rest will just a bonus.

OK so let's clarify things, the offer contains;

*- 1 x coconut crashed husk Resifil

*- 1 x blank of your dreams

*- and 2 or 3 Olive wood or Olive root (regular or blue)

This needs to fit within a 250gr padded bag so, some minor adjustments may need to be done.

Now, the only amount you will need to pay (PayPal) me is for the shipping of this envelop to you and that is AU$12.00 for overseas destinations (USA, Canada and UK) and $9.00 within Australia, all the blanks are free of charge.

HOWEVER, if you are participating and you would prefer to fill the envelope after the Coconut blank and the dreams blank with other blanks of your choice (resifills or stabilised), you would be asked to pay for those also.

I strongly suggest that you keep and intentions to order some blanks out of this "offer", stick to the conditions/blanks offered and make that order at other time, thank you.

The only blank I require to see a couple of close-up pics is from the coconut or another blank (short) sent for that purpose, HOWEVER, if you decided to finish the dream blank at the same time and show it to us, you are most welcome to do that.

You have 30 days to finish the coconut or substitute blank and show the pics in this thread, I'm not sure if I will award the best pen from the lot but I may, will see...!

I will start now to received the Paypal payment for the shipping and that will be AU$12.00 of overseas people, take note, is AU$12.00 Aussie dollars if you pay USD$ 12.00, there will be no refunds, the extra money goes for Merissa's ice cream large...!:eek::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink:

Paypal to, nyodine@yahoo.com.au

Remember, there is only one place left

Participant names now completed (10 max.);

*-mckenziedrums
*-magpens
*-Wce274
*-Beautys_Beast---pen done
*-Hopco
*-gimpy
*-Ambidex
*-camb
*-Karl_99
*-Noot17

The offer "game" is officially OPEN

Let's do this folks

If I forgot something, I will add it after...!:confused::)

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Wce274

Thank you for this opportunity to do something like this very generous if I must say I will send you a message with my address and let me know how I can pay you for the shipping as well thanks and I'm very excited to do this

Sent from my iPhone using Penturners.org mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

robutacion

I've sent mine George. Be sure to buy Merissa an extra ice cream cone on me.:)

Don't worry, she already know about it and with the weather starting to warm-up, by the time everybody pays the shipping, with some adding that little extra, she will be buying a 1-gallon bucket the only problem is that, she has to be quick because I love ice-cream, too...!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink:

Cheers
George

robutacion

G'day,

Now that I have the 10 participants names locked in, I have received about 60% of the Paypal shipping payments and the request for the "dream blank" each person would like to have, those that put that decision in my hands, I will take care of it but while the offer is on, you can get 1 blank that you always wanted to be sent together with the rest of the offer blanks, free of charge, I can't do any better than that...!:biggrin::wink:

So, if you haven't Paypal me yet, the address is, nyodine@yahoo.com.au and the amount to pay is AU$12.00 Aussie dollars, please.

Cheers
George

robutacion

Hey George, I made my payment, plus a little extra so that Merida can have an x-large ice cream cone and you can have one with her. Thanks mate

G'day mate,

Do you mean Merissa..?

You didn't have to do that, my friend, I reckon Merissa and I we will be eating ice cream for awhile...!:eek::biggrin::wink:

Thank you,

Cheers
George

gimpy

Hey George, I made my payment, plus a little extra so that Merida can have an x-large ice cream cone and you can have one with her. Thanks mate

G'day mate,

Do you mean Merissa..?

You didn't have to do that, my friend, I reckon Merissa and I we will be eating ice cream for awhile...!:eek::biggrin::wink:

Thank you,

Cheers

George

Darn spell check

robutacion

G'day mate,

Do you mean Merissa..?

Thank you,

Cheers

George

Darn spell check

:eek::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::wink:

George

robutacion

Packages arrival estimate...!

G'day peoples,

OK so, I'm pleased to announce that the 10 participants in this offer have Paypal me and that means that I will be putting all packages together this weekend and have them posted on Monday morning (my time).

The prediction is that this parcels will take from 1 to 2 weeks to arrive and when they do, the 30 days clock starts for you and I would also appreciate it everybody lets me know of the package's arrival, thanks...!

The other interesting aspect of all this is that, while we are waiting for the packages to arrive, I can go ahead and start the #47 Mr. A game but this time with the new rules/format that everybody can participate, remember the only thing necessary, is for you to put your name down on that game thread, a little paper will be made with your IAP name on it and after folded, it will go into a hat, Merissa will draw the winner and that will be done on video so that everybody can watch, the camera will be pointing to the table with the hat so, there will be no display of our persons, hands and voices that's pretty much it...!

By the time the packages arrive, someone will be already AU$100.00 richer and possibly with a bunch of blanks already ordered that himself/herself will be waiting like little kids waiting for Santa...!:wink:

So, let's keep our eyes open for all these things happening...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

Parcels posted and on their way...!

OK peoples,

All 10 parcels/envelops 9/boxes 1 have been posted this morning, the 13/11/17 that means that for the next 1 to 2 weeks we can't do anything about that, however, I reckon that fact opens another great opportunity for all of us to go to the next Mr. A game and start it on, with the new rules at play, it won't take long for you to put your name down, and run for the chance to win AU$100 from my web-store goodies...!:biggrin:

So lets, check that game thread right now, should we..?

With some luck, by the time the offer blanks arrived at all of you, someone among those people may get super lucky and get the AU$100 prize..!:biggrin::wink:

Good luck,

Cheers
George

Got mine. Thanks again! Got the coconut husk started as a shop pencil for myself. Not one to sell something given to me and I've got enough pens. Always seem to need another pencil though and this was the perfect length. I'll figure out what to do with the other... Knee deep in a 30 pen order that I promised by next Friday.

Top Bottom