The "Fig" Resifills...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Well, wasn't that long ago I mention what I was doing with a Fig tree trunk that I had in my storage paddock, getting full weather for about 1 year, I use them to demonstrate the "spinning" stabilizing juice saver...!:wink:

Anyway, all blanks cut from that trunk, have been stabilized, cooked and clean so, they are ready to cast. The first batch is done, 24 blanks cast with yellow and black, 2 have been already sold and 22 are left to be listed on my web-store.

I believe I have enough for 4 batches, the next ones will have only 21 blanks, my attempt to squeeze one more blanks without the spacers I normally use, made the final size of the blanks to be under 20mm, instead of the 21mm I prefer.

I will try another 2 colours mixes, red and white, Sky-Blue and Purple, and another one that I'm not yet sure what it will be, it should be green and something else but, that can change when I decided to do them.

The idea was to cast the whole lot (all colours) and have it done with but, I have to do some more Banksia Hairy pod Resifills and the resin drum will be gone so, I have to order another drum to continue with the fig Resifills.

I will be listing them tonight (my time), I post here a pic of the group of 22 blanks but, each blank has it own individual picture, on the listing...!

This is not something that I will get often, particularly Fig tree trunks, none of the other pen blanks I processed from this tree a year ago, have the dark colours these spalted trunk blanks have, I suppose, nature took care of doing that for me, lucky that I make casts and that "cracked like hell wood" is something that I can and like to use on Resifills however, if wasn't for it, I wouldn't be getting more than a small hand full of usable full size pen blanks...!:eek::wink::biggrin:

There is a lot of stuff that I have to find the energy and willing to create the listing and make them "live", I will start with these ones and I may do another couple, will see...!

If you would like to have a look, here is where you find them...!

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 267

southernclay

I'm usually not a huge fan of yellow and black but they go well with that wood. The red and white sound very nice. Love your work George!

Top Bottom