A cross, made of what...???

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples,

Has been a while since I put one of my "games" in here, there has been a lot of events going so, now that things settle a little, lets see you can give me the name of the wood that I used in this semi-segmented Resifill of mine.

Everyone should be familiar with the blanks body material, it is my Palm Root that I stabilized blue to make a bunch of Resifills that I have not yet advertised anywhere.

I made 2 of these blanks and I used the wood strips that I had cut long ago, from a wood that I made a few pen blanks from. This is actually the third time I used these wood strips to make identical blanks (cross) from other batches of Resifills I made.

The pics are not as clear as I would like as I was running out of natural light however, they should be good enough to work out what the wood used is. I'm not saying at this point, if is one of my 80 wood species or something else, someone may be able to easily identify the wood and/or, maybe not...!:wink::biggrin:

The winner gets the blank that is on these pics plus another 3 blanks of my own picking, shipped free of charge...!

So, what is it...!

PS: Yes, I know, these Palm Root Resifills are something else, huh...???:)

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 021.JPG
    021.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 274
  • 020.JPG
    020.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 267
  • 019.JPG
    019.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 238
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 244
Last edited:

robutacion

Holy moly, ladies and gents...! it looks like everyone wants this blank, huh...???:wink::biggrin:

Well, I already have the winner and I may want to give the other blank away also so, I will let it go for a little longer as tease you people a little more, after all, this is fun and , others may want to have a go, also.

There are no restrictions on how many guesses one person can give, is more fun this way...!:)

So, here is my first clue, no, the wood used is not from my 80 species collection...!:confused::eek::frown:

Second clue, it can found in 2 colours, one is predominant, the other not so much but is all part of the same wood...!:)

Cheers
George

robutacion

Now, this is my fun bit...!:wink::biggrin:

*- Krash <<Mushrooms?>>
It could be, I have some "horse show" solid fungi that looks quite similar, but now, is not it...!

*- edohmann <<Panga Panga>>
There you go, never heard of it, the only "Panga" that I know, is a fish...!:) sorry, no go...!

*- glenspens <<I say some kind of dark wood.......>>
Yeah, I was wondering the same thing...!:biggrin:

*- carlmorrell <<Genus eucalyptus>>
Now, is it Eucalyptus or Eucalypts...?? is a big "broll" about it...!:)

*- Hendu3270 <<Australian Palm...>>
You may be confused, that has to do with the blank body but not the insert material, sorry...!:)

That's have some more, please...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

You're killing us George! This is a sick game you are playing with us wood addicts ;)

Oh..! I'm so sorry mate, I didn't mean to hurt, ouch..!:wink::biggrin:

And yes, I like to play "hard-ball" with these games, after all, is the only fun and reward I get for my hard earned money and...! everyone seem to love it, huh...???

I'm glad you are enjoying it too...! :wink::)

Cheers
George

Bean_Counter

Yes it is a fun game and I enjoy seeing all the cool concoctions you come up with

You're killing us George! This is a sick game you are playing with us wood addicts ;)

Oh..! I'm so sorry mate, I didn't mean to hurt, ouch..!:wink::biggrin:

And yes, I like to play "hard-ball" with these games, after all, is the only fun and reward I get for my hard earned money and...! everyone seem to love it, huh...???

I'm glad you are enjoying it too...! :wink::)

Cheers
George

Top Bottom