A Christmas gift surprise and Mr. A game #48...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

G'day peoples,

OK so, this gift is about 10 x raw wood pen blanks that I will give away free of charge, you only pay shipping that would be AU$16.00 for a 500gr padded envelope.

The only thing you need to do is put your name down on this thread and Paypal me the AU$16.00 to, nyodine@yahoo.com.au
If you are in Australia, you only need to Paypal me AU$9.00 for a 500gr postal bag.

Remember, this time only raw wood pen blanks apply, if you would like to be surprised (I make the selection)simply let me know but, if you have a specific type of raw wood pen blank that you like, you can let me know what that is, it can be more than one type, anything up to 10 blanks is your choice HOWEVER, do not request 10 of the same of my most expensive/rare burl blanks that would not be right, I do allow though, 2 of each of those type blanks divided by other species/blanks to a maximum of 10 blanks so, you still can have some the "better" blanks but mixed with others, if you know what I mean...!:wink::biggrin:

I'm not putting any limit on the number of members that can apply for this Christmas gift, you may not receive it before Christmas day but hopefully, not long after, I will start packing and posting the packages as soon as the Paypal payment notification is received so, the earlier you get it done, the earlier you will get your parcel, also remember that, I need you to put your IAP name on the Paypal and if you don't supply your postal details through Paypal, I will need you to PM me with that info.

Merissa and I, we hope that this small gesture gives you something to look for, whatever you will receive, was given with the best intentions and hopefully, you will have some of George's stables pen blanks from this land of OZ, to work with...!:biggrin:

Best of luck.

Cheers
George

Last edited:

PatrickR

A Christmas gift surprise...!

Thanks George! What a great offer.
I'll take-
9c, 71,79,58,57,33,41,83,18,22
Feel free to substitute as needed.
Merry Christmas!
PP Sent

Last edited:

robutacion

Thanks guys.

I've noticed that most of you are sending me/Paypal a little more than the AU$16.00 I requested, someone already mentioned some ice cream for Merissa and that means that we will have another big bucket of ice cream to enjoy, the last one gave us some brain freeze, I think we would tackle this one a little slower...!:biggrin:

Thank you, everybody, for that...!:biggrin:

Let's get a lot more people going for this "gift".:)

Cheers
George

robutacion

An interesting "TWIST" to this Christmas gift...!

OK so, what is this "twist" about...?

Well, the Mr. A December game was supposed to run pretty much at this time however, I have this Christmas gift offer running and it will be open until the day before Christmas so, on the 24 December, no more applications will be accepted, I believe I have given sufficient time for everybody to get in.:)

Coming back to the important issue of this thread (Mr A game), I decided to combine it with the current offer and this is how it will work...!

Each time someone becomes part of this offer and the Paypal is received, a copy of the paperwork is printed and I mark it with a number at one of the top corners (normally right), this gives me the order members have become part of this offer.

On the last day, the offer is closed, the 24 December, I will make a small piece of paper with all the numbers I put on the paperwork, at the moment I have 13 entries I hope by the 24 to have 100 if all possible (I will drive the people at the local Post Office crazy and mad at me and my ideas, just a quick note, I need to reach the minimum amount of International shipping charges required to have it renewed each year, that amount is $5,000 without this cash account with its lower rates, the regular public prices would be just too much for any of you to buy anything from me so, you understand the importance of keeping this account alive.

Anyway, I was saying that I will make all these pieces of paper with the matching numbers I give to anyone that accepts my offer, all these pieces of paper are going into a big hat, I hope and 1 (one) of these small folded pieces of paper will be picked and its number revealed, whoever this number belongs to, will be the winner of an extra AU$100 gift voucher, this person/member will receive both lots of blanks in a single package.

The voucher will need to follow the normal processes that Mr. A games require, the winner will get the voucher sent to on the 24 December, the blanks selection is a free choice and the shipping amount required will be shown at the checkout.

There will be possibly a small difference in cost when the 2 orders are combined, I will weight them together and calculate the shipping costs, I will then add the 2 shipping amounts already paid and I will either make a refund with the difference or, make it up with extra blanks to go in the same order, CAPISH...???:biggrin::wink:

So, who will be the lucky member to get double Christmas presents from George's Bits of Timber "stables"...?:confused::biggrin::)

Good luck everybody.

Cheers
George

StumpyThumb

I'm also in the Surprise Me group, George. The mallee I got from you was beautiful, can't wait to see what else you've got tucked away. Appreciate the opportunity, sir!

Paypal sent.

Eric

jennera

Surprise us George!

Rebecca asked for pen blanks for Christmas so I have been collecting some new woods she hasnt used before and some of her favorites! It will be a great surprise for her to have some from you included.

Thank you for doing this and Merry Christmas!

Jennifer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

robutacion

Hi Jennera,

I was surprised that you hadn't taken the offer earlier so that is good that you're in.

I think is time that Rebecca become a member and post things herself, there is nothing wrong with you doing that for her but I believe, some of us have been waiting in being able to interact directly with Rebecca so, tell her that, please...!

She is going to be happy with all the blanks you have been gathering, for her Christmas present, let's see if she can recognise the ones from me...!:biggrin::wink:

Thank you for the ice cream "donation":) most appreciated.

Have a safe and enjoyable Festive Season...!

Cheers
George

Surprise us George!

Rebecca asked for pen blanks for Christmas so I have been collecting some new woods she hasnt used before and some of her favorites! It will be a great surprise for her to have some from you included.

Thank you for doing this and Merry Christmas!

Jennifer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

robutacion

I know that everybody is busy with activities related to the approaching Christmas and that is a good thing, however, I ask you guys and gals to take a few minutes of your time and contemplate in being part of this "Christmas offer" I'm offering to all IAP members.

I don't expect to have 1,000 members to be in this but, I'm expecting a lot more than the 21 I have now. Some folks may be wondering if I have sufficient blanks for a couple of dozens of members and I can tell you that my whole pen blank finished stock is in excess of 10,000 a slow progress from the 12 years I start making them, the wood stock yet to be processed will yield 100,000 pen blanks or more, this is, if the wood borer doesn't spoil more than usual and if I will be alive long enough to process them all, I honestly doubt.

So that you know, from the original number of pen blanks processed from the green or semi-dry logs that are put to dry in my normal "drying towers" (approx. 100 blanks each) one would be surprised with the number that endup being unusable, I have had recently a few towers marked from 2012 to 2014 and that 2 of the not a single blank could be saved in average 50% or less endup being in usable state, the rest is just discarded as kindly for some people that get large bags of it from us, Merissa normaly get's the "tips" from those bags, a little cash that is always welcome.

So, what is this all about it and why and I writing this long post (as always :))...?

Well, I was and still expect a lot more members to accept my Chrismas surprise of 10 raw pen blanks in exchange for the AU$16.00 for the shipping.

As I demonstrated, I'm not going to run out of blanks in a hurry so, go ahead and get your name in...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Generous offer on your part George.
For those who are hesitating, here's the current exchange rate between $USD & $AUD.
Right now, it's only $12 USD.
XE: Convert AUD/USD. Australia Dollar to United States Dollar

Thank's for that Herb, some people may haven't realised that and it certainly makes difference paying with a stronger dollar.

And now that I've got you here, why haven't you yet put your name in...?:wink:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Count me in, please!

So I was telling someone at work about you and I giving each other grief, and I had started my post, but didn't hit submit until him and I were done talking and I was too late.

Well, Alan has already sorted his lot so now, you only need to sort your own package and Paypal me the shipping.

Is this OK...?

Cheers
George

Last edited:

alankulwicki7

All right George, I have a strange one, I want to order 2 packs, I want one sent to AlanKulwicki7 and the other to me. If that is possible.

Count me in, please!

So I was telling someone at work about you and I giving each other grief, and I had started my post, but didn't hit submit until him and I were done talking and I was too late.

Wow, that's a great gesture! It's pretty ironic, too, because I've been more of a lurker and just happened to check out IAP today :biggrin:.

I have already paid so if I end up getting two packages I will be sure to pay it forward!

Thanks, Ed!

edicehouse

All right George, I have a strange one, I want to order 2 packs, I want one sent to AlanKulwicki7 and the other to me. If that is possible.

Count me in, please!

Wow, that's a great gesture! It's pretty ironic, too, because I've been more of a lurker and just happened to check out IAP today :biggrin:.

I have already paid so if I end up getting two packages I will be sure to pay it forward!

Thanks, Ed!

Hey George, do they give coal to the bad kids on Christmas in Australia? throw some in AlanKulwicki's box.

robutacion

Count me in, please!

Thanks, Ed!

Hey George, do they give coal to the bad kids on Christmas in Australia? throw some in AlanKulwicki's box.

G'day Ed,

I got your Paypal, thanks...!

Where in the heck have you heard of that...? Most of the "bad kids" will be too drugged out to know what day it is...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom