Christmas gift #5 - game (the last one...!)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

OK, this will be my last game under the Christmas Spirit, for those that don't celebrate Christmas, make it as an "end of the year games series" all the same...!:biggrin:

Off-course, the conditions are the same as previous games and, bla, bla, bla...!:)

So, let get to the important stuff.

Attached are a series of pictures from one of my own wood Resifills (resin filled) 039.JPG 040.JPG 041.JPG 042.JPG and the questions are;

*- What is the name of the wood used...?

*- How many colours the resin mix has, and what are they...?

Good luck folks...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hummm...! someone is getting close...!

Remember, is one of my woods, there is, one from the "timber list", is a very old timber, or is it a burl...???:biggrin:

There are only 2 colours in that resin mix...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

Close but not close enough...!:wink::biggrin:

Actually, it would help to get the name of the colours, some have names such as canary yellow, sky blue, white aqua, etc, etc....!

I was just talking to Russell and we were discussing this, funny, huh...???:eek:

Cheers
George

robutacion

last chance...!

Came on guys and gals, I want to get this one over, before Santa goes back to North-pole...!

Well, there is some time difference in between countries so, I will give it until midnight pm today (24/12/2012)...!:wink::biggrin:

If I don't get the correct answer by then, the closest one to the answer, will get the prize...!

Good luck,
Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

And we have a winner for the final game - 5...!

Red Gum wood, Black with Red russet for color.

Well mate, I have to give it to you Tommy, the correct answer was, Colonial Red Gum Burl, with Black and Red Russet resin colours.

You did say Red Gum Burl on an attempt before, only one person mention Colonial, which is the Red Gum that is very old 200 to 500 years old but Red Gum is the species.

Congratulations for your win, your persistence in so many of my previous games as finally paid off...!:wink::biggrin:

You will get this sample blank that is actually, part of a recent batch (20 odd) I made of these, they have been good sellers on my eBay store, but these aren't listed yet, and another 3 raw wood blanks that I have a good idea of what you would like, burls..., huh...???:wink:

Well, this ends this Christmas gifts games series, for 2013, I thank everyone that participated/played along, most appreciated...!

No more games for this year but, I will start again in 2014...!:)

I wish everybody a safe and enjoyable Festive Season.

Cheers
George

Teeball

Thank you George, I enjoy these contests very much. I appreciate the time and effort you put into this. looking forward to more contests in the New year. Have a great holiday.
Tommy

robutacion

Glad you enjoy them, I intend these games to be fun and at the same time, educative, when possible...!

I appreciate everybody's participation and the answers I get, some are amazingly funny, and other are simply.....!:eek::wink::biggrin:

Either way, I will continue to come up with some more on these games, as often as I can...!

Cheers
George

Teeball

:good:George wanted you to know I received the Contest #5 blanks today. The blank is prettier in person then in the pictures. And the other blanks you sent were beautiful. Thanks again . Looking forward to more contests in the new year. Tommy

Top Bottom