Christmas gift #4 - game

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

And we have a winner...!

OK so, we have an interesting situation here where, 2 members have given the correct answer however, the first member alankulwicki7 had just been awarded a prize on the previous game (game#3) sorry mate and, according to a participation "condition" on these games that, anyone can play as many times as they so wish however, there has to be a minimum of 3 months in between winnings so, that puts alankulwicki7 out but, allows philb that also had a win back in July this year (2013), to claim his new prize on this game-4, his answer is also correct, as the Rubber-wood or Hevea_brasiliensis and the country is Malaysia...!

Congratulations Phil, you got yourself some new blanks for you to play with, free of any charges...!

When possible, I like to provided a little more information about the game subject/question by adding extra pics on extra info, this time, I would like you to have a look at these YouTube clips, of one of the local old style (labour intense) timber mills here, and one other were modern equipment as been introduced but still not automated processing here, this wood with some extra information on the subject...!

A great example of survival by thinking in environmental impact protection and local solutions...!

Thanks to all participants as usual, most appreciated...!

Lets keep this "boat" floating for a little longer...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

alankulwicki7

I don't mind losing out at all. I think it fun trying to decipher George's posts for clues and then searching the internet for the answers.
Heck, I never would have thought Rubber Wood would be the answer for Malaysia's wood problems....

Congrats to PhilB!

robutacion

I don't mind losing out at all. I think it fun trying to decipher George's posts for clues and then searching the internet for the answers.
Heck, I never would have thought Rubber Wood would be the answer for Malaysia's wood problems....

Congrats to PhilB!

Thanks mate, for being a sport, I was sure you would understand...!

Indeed, these games are not all about my woods, there is so much in the world of Forestry, timber production and sustainable resources that most people don't know, I hope to bring a little light to some of these issues and at the same time introduce many of my local woods in a more educational way than anything else, a little knowledge doesn't hurt, huh...?:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom