Christmas gift #4 - game

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Ok peoples, lets see who gets the closest to this one...!

Attached are 5 pictures of the same blank that was cut with the grain turned and finished with CA so, it show is natural colour...!

The first 4 pics are of the same blank rotated 1/4 at the time and photographed, the last one is a close up of the grain to help you identify the species and yes the wood is certified...!:)

034.JPG 035.JPG036.JPG 037.JPG030.JPG

The problem here is that, this tree species are not from Australia but from a country not far from it/us. This wood has become the salvation of the whole timber and furniture Industry in that country, allowing also what natural forests still left to stay untouched...!

There is a moral to this story but for now, lets see if someone can give me the name of this wood, the common name will be sufficient...!

The winner gets a whole 250gr, package of blanks that are still raw and some stabilised with colour, some beautiful stuff indeed...!

044.JPG 049.JPG 050.JPG

So, what is it...!

Good luck,
Cheers
George

robutacion

Sorry folks, not even close...!

I suppose, my best suggestion is to recommend that, you don't look at the pics only and try to guess, most of the clues/hints and right "directions" are on the text I write, read it and think for a bit, you may get closer, that way...!

Interestingly, these specially introduced plantation specie, isn't what one would thing as a tall, straight tree, yes it is a fast grower but far from being a "perfect" tree shape, if you know what I mean so, the timber workers collect and bring every bit of the harvest tree and its all processed at their local timber mills, slightly different as a full automated and modern mill functions, in fact, most of these trees would be almost impossible to process on these automated modern mills, without the constant intervention of human assistance, reason why, the raw material (trees harvested) are processed first at these man handled timber mills.

You will see and understand why, when is time to tell, what it is...!

PS: This wood is so good to work with that, they are exporting furniture and all sorts of finished items made from this wood that, imitates any more "famous" and valued woods in existence so, there is a "black" side to it but, people are buying furniture that looks exactly (well, no so much to the trained eye) like those expensive Oaks, Walnuts and many others that are always a seller, attracting prices on some of the furniture shops that are high but not as much as the real thing would cost so, most people buy it convinced that they bough the real thing, when in fact, the bought this plantation wood that is white in colours and excellent base to imitate/replicate any wood they like, simply using the right colour stain and an applicator that knows what wood he/she is trying to replicate.

These techniques have been used for centuries, with the right neutral wood species, any other wood can be replicated and that has been a trade secret in the furniture market as old as man itself, the only problem is when, people are told a lie, deliberately to justify the inflated prices, only a few sell these products with a clear indication that is a replica...!:mad:

That's just the way it is but, if you are looking for solid wood furniture of a specific species and you now nothing about woods, take someone with you that can tell them apart, and make sure the "Seller" as the correct info on the price tag. There are many ways to test if is real or not, on the spot but, that is another matter...!

Any closer...???

Cheers
George

Top Bottom