Christmas gift #3 - game

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

So, are you sick of it, yet..???:wink:

Lets see how sharp you guys are with this one...!

* 001.JPG 002.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG

We have 4 pics from the same blank, 1 pic for each 1/4 rotation, this wood species is one from my "timbers list" so,

*- What wood species did I use

*- What processes did I do to, make it look like this...???

The winner get this blank and another 3 x solid wood of their or my choice, all free of charge to them.

So, lets go folks...!

Good luck.

Cheers
George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Teeball

Beautiful blues in that blank. Looks like something only Mother Nature could create. My guess, photo of Islands in the Pacific from a Satelite miles above Earth. :biggrin:

robutacion

Beautiful blues in that blank. Looks like something only Mother Nature could create. My guess, photo of Islands in the Pacific from a Satelite miles above Earth. :biggrin:

Yes, it has a beautiful dark blue sea colour, something that I tried on other woods but never got near that dark. I also though of the earth colours from the sky, high above. And yes, mother nature gave me the raw canvas, I done the rest, well, sort of...!:biggrin:

One of the clues is the way the sapwood looks and the relation/connection to the heartwood as it shows. I can also say that, some "animals" like to eat these trees...!:eek:

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

So, its seems that this one got you guys and gals stuck, huh...???:biggrin:

OK, lets talk a little bit more about it, there is NO casting resin in this blank, it never went on the pressure pot however the colour was achieved by "artificial" means and the results (supper dark blue colour) have a lot to do with the condition of the wood, when processed.

This blanks was NOT cut in cross cut, its appearance is due to the blank being processed from a crotch part of the tree/log and the sapwood being in perfect condition, colour and density wise...!:wink:

These trees are local and are not native to Australia...!

Good luck,
Cheers
George

robutacion

And we have a winner...!

How about granny Smith Apple stabalized in cactus juice with blue dye.

How in a heck did you picked the correct wood...??? as these trees were mostly hollow with only sapwood holding it together, the old wood there is, but lots of amazingly spalted wood that changes considerably with the stabilization and the addition of colour dyes, or not.

It took the blue Alumilite dye like no other (so far), I've just varnished a few more that I done at the same time as this one and each one of them, looks very promising, (I should maybe sell them here...!)

Anyway, congratulations you have just won the blank in the picture and 3 other solid wood blanks that you are welcome to give me your preferences otherwise, I take the pic, myself...!:wink::biggrin:

Thanks to everyone else that participated, it will be your turn, one day...!

PM me your postal details, please...!:)

Lets try something else, shall we...???:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Top Bottom