Care package from George

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Pat Keefe

Being a cheeky little bugger, I ask George if he would be having a post xmas/boxing day sale. . . He replied that he hadn't thought of it, but the pendants he had put on IAP were still there at the prices quoted, some six months ago.

So I sent George a list of needs a few would likes and the care package arrived today, after being mailed, from half way across this wide brown land, last Thursday. (Today being Tuesday).

The package arrived well wrapped, it was almost as much fun as unwrapping presents a few days ago :smile-big:

George also thru in some freebies.

Thanks George, another happy customer, reporting in.

Attachments

• Georges 030117.jpg
    Georges 030117.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 354
  • Georges Unwrapped 030117.jpg
    Georges Unwrapped 030117.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 410

robutacion

Being a cheeky little bugger, I ask George if he would be having a post xmas/boxing day sale. . . He replied that he hadn't thought of it, but the pendants he had put on IAP were still there at the prices quoted, some six months ago.

So I sent George a list of needs a few would likes and the care package arrived today, after being mailed, from half way across this wide brown land, last Thursday. (Today being Tuesday).

The package arrived well wrapped, it was almost as much fun as unwrapping presents a few days ago :smile-big:

George also thru in some freebies.

Thanks George, another happy customer, reporting in.

G'day my friend,

Happy to know you received your big bag of goodies and that you are pleased.

I try the best I can with making sure the items are received in the same condition as they were sent but, one can never be sure due to ways parcels are treated in transit.

Looking forwards of seeing some of those blanks transformed, shall we...?

I have also some info on that square large Olive blank you like, the weight is 11.2kg as is.:eek: yeah, I've told you it was heavy...!:biggrin:

The price freighted I quoted you, is still valid...!:wink::biggrin:

Now, for all the OTHER members, how much do you think a blank like that is worth?

010.JPG011.JPG

How much to you think the price I quoted (shipped within Australia) to our friend Pat, was...?

Give me your both "estimations", the closest to the correct answers will get a gift voucher from me, value AU$50.00

Sorry Pat, you are not allowed to answer the questions for obvious reasons but, are you OK with me running this little "puzzle" on your thread or you prefer me not to and move it away? be honest mate, I'm happy either way...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

George,

I will take a stab at it. How bout AU$42+ $24

Can I remind you that this is a blank from Olive trees that were about 160 years old when cut, the blank is almost 12" square by almost 6" thick and off-course well over 11kg and the wood is 19% moisture content, the blank is part of slabs that were processed about 10 years ago and cut into the size is shows in the pics about 5 months ago.

Your values are too low mate, yes I quoted in Aussie dollars and just to give you an idea of the freight cost between our states, the charge will be/is AU$43.30 that alone is more than the blank value you gave, that would be ok for something like Ash, Macrocarpa and many of our Gum species and some others but not this old Olive wood, no sir...!

Camon, I sell my woods at very fair prices, I wouldn't sell any of this old Olive wood if the value was that low. I can sell/have sold fresh Olive wood green logs for AU$5 per/kg, skin and all, as they are cut from the tree.

Sorry to disappoint you...!

Cheers
George

I know I'm going to be way low but I'll give it a shot.

I'll say $120+43.30, but as I get to know more about you George, I'm going with $150 shipped.

magpens

Hey ! ... PSSSSST ! ... Pat !!! . Gimme a hint, matey !!!!

Show me some good ol' Aussie spirit !! . I used to live just a few km north of George but I didn't know him at that time.
I'll shout you a pint next time I'm over there !!!

Last edited:

robutacion

Hey ! ... PSSSSST ! ... Pat !!! . Gimme a hint, matey !!!!

Show me some good ol' Aussie spirit !!. I used to live just a few km north of George but I didn't know him at that time.
I'll shout you a pint next time I'm over there !!!

This is only a small world mate and if you ever come this way again, my door will be open...!

PS: Pat won't say...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

Au $ 167 for the block plus $43 shipping

OK so, you have given me the blank value and you confirmed the shipping/freight cost to have it sent within another Australia state but, you haven't told us the answer to my second question and that was, "How much to you think the price I quoted (shipped within Australia) to our friend Pat, was...?", that off-course means, the total price with shipping/freight.

What was it?

Cheers
George

robutacion

I'm going to wait until tomorrow night (my time) to close the offer, for the overseas guys, you have about 20 or so hours to post.

So, tomorrow night (my time) the person that answered both questions and has given the closest values of what I'm after, will be announced the winner but not by me.

This time, I have asked Pat Keefe to make the judgment of who will win(got the closest answers) for the AU$50.00 voucher, he knew the quoted price and I gave him the approx value of a blank such as this so, he has both answers and he will match with the ones posted.

Don't worry, I will be around and after the winner is announced I will produce and send the voucher code immediately...!:wink::biggrin:

Just ask everybody to keep in mind the 2 questions I have made and those that would like to clarify their guesses/posts that I missed, you are most welcome.

Cheers
George

1080Wayne

I think you quoted $200 Au

Au $ 167 for the block plus $43 shipping

OK so, you have given me the blank value and you confirmed the shipping/freight cost to have it sent within another Australia state but, you haven't told us the answer to my second question and that was, "How much to you think the price I quoted (shipped within Australia) to our friend Pat, was...?", that off-course means, the total price with shipping/freight.

What was it?

Cheers
George

Pat Keefe

Ok, George closed a bit late for me, 0340 wake ups mean I don't stay up all that late.

Thankyou to all entrants for their entries and other entreaties :tongue:

There were Three entries close, but the closest, that I can determine, as George would probably still be asleep is, drum roll please

Karl 99

The answer to both questions is, value $168Au + $43.30Au shipping and quoted & paid price $100Au

Now Karl is lucky, but I think I am luckier :glasses-cool:

I do have a spreadsheet of all entries, if someone wants to check.

Last edited by a moderator:

robutacion

Ok, George closed a bit late for me, 0340 wake ups mean I don't stay up all that late.

Thankyou to all entrants for their entries and other entreaties :tongue:

There were Three entries close, but the closest, that I can determine, as George would probably still be asleep is, drum roll please

Karl 99

The answer to both questions is value $168Au + $43.30Au shipping and quoted & paid price $100Au

Now Karl is lucky, but I think I am luckier :glasses-cool:

I do have a spreadsheet of all entries, if someone wants to check.

Thank you for doing this Pat Keefe, most appreciated...!

As for the winner Karl 99, congrats my friend, as soon as I saw your post I thought to myself, now that is close, can anyone else get this close?

Yes, there were another couple of close calls but, could only be one winner, sorry folks...!

Thank you Pat Keef, for allowing me to include this little offer in your thread and thank you to all participants for being a good sport and play the game, thank you kindly..!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

Gofer

No matter what you quoted it will be cheaper than the blank that Bob eventually turned after it sailed to Canada and back. But that is another long story that is a comedy of errors.

Bruce

robutacion

No matter what you quoted it will be cheaper than the blank that Bob eventually turned after it sailed to Canada and back. But that is another long story that is a comedy of errors.

Bruce

Hummm...! did you have to remind me of that...?:mad:

First, I never had bigger Olive blanks going overseas, secondly never had a piece of Olive wood travelling as far for so long and thirdly, I never come across a bowl blank of any kind, that become that expensive for more than one party.

Comedy of errors...? sure, you are too generous.

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Top Bottom