Australian Truffle -solid pen blanks SALE -1

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

robutacion

For over 18 months, I have been buying and cutting these strange looking Truffles, that were found in a small area of Queensland, that grow underground and have the most odd sizes and shapes. I have created a IAP Thread before here , talking a little in more detail, about these nature "ugly potatoes":eek::smile-big:

Anyway, I have been gathering the very few full size blanks, from boxes and boxes of Truffles purchased, in fact, these are so difficult to get that, my supplier admitted to me not that long ago that, he had a small order for clean pen blanks and that, he went through his best looking Truffles to cut 7 (seven) full size pen blanks. He also shared with me that, when done, we weighed the left-overs and 30kg were used...!:eek:

Truffle size is one of the problems, Truffles with no heartwood/grain is another and the vicious, indestructible and very hungry white worms that devore a hole Truffle in no time, is a nightmare to deal with. It seems to be always some worm holes through the best grains, spoiling everything...!

I do not know, how many more of these full size quality blanks, I will be able to get and these are all I've got, this is not "wood" as we know it however, it is one of the most pleasant things to turn. There are various grades in these blanks, including some shorts, everything is identified with numbers and prices so, if you see something you like, please post here or by PM, the numbers you want...!

Payment: By Paypal, you will be contacted by PM with all the info...!

Shipping:

Within Australia- $8.25 for a 500gr postal bag (capacity of 8 blanks)
--------------------- $13.40 for a 3kg postal bag (capacity of 55 blanks)

Outside Australia - (prices quoted for regular Air-mail, the most economic option.)

*- AU$9.00 for a 250gr. padded envelop (worldwide) capacity of 4 blanks
*- AU$12.50 for a 500gr. padded envelop (worldwide) capacity of 8 blanks
*- AU$16.38 for a 750gr. box (worldwide) capacity 12 blanks
*- AU$19.78 for a 1kg. box (worldwide) capacity of 16 blanks

NOTE: In this add, only 1 (one) picture of each batch group is shown however, most groups have 4 pictures, from left to right, right to left and 2 close up pics, one of each half of the group. To view these bigger size images, please click here

*- Exhibition grade blanks- singles @ AU$7.00 each

1 to 9.JPG 10 to 18.JPG

*- High figure - minor flaws @ AU$5.00 each

19 to 28.JPG 29 to 38.JPG 39 to 49.JPG

*- Wormholes mix grains

49 to 57.JPG

*- Exhibition grade small slabs

3 small slabs.JPG

*- Packs from 1 to 6 (mixed sizes)

Pack - 1.JPG Pack - 2.JPG Pack - 3.JPG Pack - 4.JPG Pack - 5.JPG Pack - 6.JPG

Blanks have only a wax coat to enhance colours...!

Blanks/packs sold, will be updated as fast as I possibly can...!

Good luck...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Do these need to be dried before turning and of so, how long do you recommend they be dried?

Hi,

This Truffle has been dry for years so, there is no waiting time as such, nor it needs stabilizing...!

I always suggest that any wood that comes from the other side of the world should be allowed to equalise/stabilise to the temperatures and humidity conditions to where the blanks will be processed, some times the conditions are extreme, even tough with the time that its spends in transport, is helping the wood, somehow...!

This is the first time I'm sending Truffle overseas, and while I'm not expecting any problems, I would suggest at least one week before the blanks are turned...!

Good luck...!

PS: Pack #4 confirmed as yours, PM on its way...!

Cheers
George

Last edited:

robutacion

Sure wish I would have seen this sooner...glad there are a few left! I will take:

#37, 38, 40 & 41

Kris

Hi Kris,

Yes, they are a few left, "some" are from the exhibition grade but either shorts on that small slab.

When I graded these blanks, I did make sure the prices correspond to the grades and the grades are graded fairly so, you may find some in the $5.00 grade that seem to have holes that would make the blank unusable, that is not the case, I needn't thing that was necessary to take individual pics of each side of the blanks, I did however provide a Photobucket link where each group and blanks can be seen in more detail and at closer distances, all done with the same 2 sides showing and showing any imperfections the blank has.

I understand that people judge the blanks based on what they see, and while I try to show some of the best attributes of each blank, I try to not hide the imperfections, grading/pricing the blanks accordingly however, if anyone feels that I wasn't fair, I welcome them to contact me and let me know of their disappointments, I'm here to help you...!:wink::biggrin:

PS: Blanks 37-38-40-41 are confirmed as yours
PM on its way...!

Cheers
George

DSurette

George, I just today received pack 4 and I can't wait to turn these truffles. If pack 1 is still available I would like to get it before there are no more available.
Please PM me with info.

robutacion

George, I just today received pack 4 and I can't wait to turn these truffles. If pack 1 is still available I would like to get it before there are no more available.
Please PM me with info.

G'day,

The add is still open and is updated so, all blank/packs sold, are marked accordingly...!

Therefore, you can have pack #1 if you want, no problem.

Is perfectly understandable that, being a new product, people can be a little sceptical about if and wait for someone to try them and then report the results, I'm in fact counting on that and see what people has to say about it. This is the very reason why I have not closed the add yet, there are lots of good blanks still left, and while I just received a new box of Truffles, there are no guarantees on how many full size or good shorts I will endup with, some chunks look good, though...!:wink:

OK so, pack #1 is confirmed as yours, a PM will follow soon...!

Thank you,
Cheers
George

robutacion

Hi,

tdsmart, pack #3 is yours, thanks...!

edohmann, blanks 39-43-45-46 are yours, thanks...!

PM's on their way...!

Packages will be posted Monday, the 4/11/13

Thank you all...!

Cheers
George

robutacion

Update sales,

A PM order has purchased blanks, 42-44-47-48-54 and Packs 5 & 6

I will be updating the pictures ASAP however, and due to what is left/unsold, I'm satisfied to close this add and bring back any blanks of interest left behind, on a possible future Truffle add, will see...!

Thank you to everyone that had decided to try this new pen blanks natural and raw material, I hope everyone has a great time with it and that, we start seeing some pens made with it, very soon..!

Thank you,

Cheers
George

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom