Australian Olive wood for everyone...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi peoples,

Out of many new items/blanks that, I never sold before and not listed on my eBay store, there is one that I would like to share with you all, what you will find under "specials-one of offers" on my "products category side menu, is some Olive wood blanks A1 grade (any blank found that turns out unworkable, will be replace or its value refunded..!) that I pre-selected throughout the years and since cut so, all good blanks.

There will be 3 package sizes available, small (with 10 full length blanks), medium (with 31 full length blanks) and the large (with 56 full length blanks), the weights will be approx, 500gr, 1.5kg and 3kg.

Now, for the best part, they will be priced at AU$1.00 per blank (full length)

There will be also at later time, hundreds and hundreds of shorts (not yet decided what size boxes I will use, probably the same sizes as before but full of shorts and the price will be at AU$50cts per blank/short (some will reach 4"+)

Then, we have the amazing Olive root, that is now dry and ready to go, I will probably create packages/sizes/weights similar to the other olive blanks both in full length and shorts and I can tell you that, some of the shorts in both cases, are as good if not better that than, your average A1 grade.

I have not yet worked on the prices for the Olive root, they will be priced fair, that I promise...!

Through out the years, Olive wood pen blanks have reached unbelievable high prices, 2007 to about 2011, were exceptionally years where the Olive wood pen blanks market got their highest "head price", particularly "pushed" through the "black market" exploitation, based on false justified value.

While highly priced Olive wood pen blanks, have sold considerable well, people started to realise that, was no real justification for such high prices when, the world is full of Olive wood (certainly not in risk of extinction, contrary to some countries where this tree species, has been over exploited), some "pressure" from some exposure of the true realities and, the prices started to come down dramatically. When was the last time you saw Olive wood blanks of fair grade, being offered on eBay for $2 or less...??? That's what you find at the moment...!

European countries are full of Olive trees and Australia is no different, the 1800's Settlers to this country have brought in, the best Olive tree species there are, these trees have adapted extremely well, and no longer are seen as value (apart from the new style Olive groves, trees are very different, good fruit producers but small and useless timber producers...!).

So, of many locations in Australia where, these trees exist in abundance, my neck of the woods, has plenty and very old ones, I manage to stock up on these large old trees since 2005 that, take a long time to dry naturally but, it dries eventually. I have been selling these blanks from day one but always in small quantities, I have then made a deliberate decision to restrain myself from becoming part of the problem, and waited until I thought that I could be part of the solution, I didn't/don't want to see my blanks sold in stores or as something else, I considered various options to address that issue but, I never got a solution that I was please with, well not until now...! :wink::)

Time to recover part of our investment and satisfy everyone that always liked this wood but could never afford to buy many of these blanks (and I don't blame them...!), well this is your opportunity, they never will go any lower, and I have plenty for everyone, for years to come...!

Lets make these Aussie Olive wood blanks, part of your "rich"/large stock of pen blanks, use them on Slimlines or any inexpensive kit, make and offer those economic Olive wood pens to your customers, Olive wood is Olive wood and everyone like to have a pen make with a piece of it, enjoy the smell and the pleasure Olive wood offers, when worked, no more excuses...!:wink::biggrin:

I apologise for the slight delay on opening my new web store, it was planned for the weekend just passed but, a last moment glitch has forced me to spend some time fixing it, and while the repair reached its own limitations, I'm not yet satisfied and I'm looking for a better program to be downloaded very soon and hopefully, bring the functionally of this store, level to what I envisage from the start, within the next few days...!

PS: The 10% discount code that I have set-up for IAP members, for the first 2 weeks of store opening/going live, will not apply on any items that will be listed under the "specials-one of offers" category, this will be the case with the Olive wood packages, I have just announced...!

I already have a "few" boxes of all sizes ready to go, the shelving space is limited so, these would do for now, more boxes can be done at any time.

Enjoy...!

Cheers
George

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 360
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    72 KB · Views: 278
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    73.8 KB · Views: 281
  • 011.JPG
    011.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 230
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    110.7 KB · Views: 254
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:

robutacion

Awesome, George. I definitely want to order some. What are the shipping charges to the USA for these 3 box sizes?

Sorry for my delay in replying...!

Australia Post has just notified me that, the prices went up however, out of the 4.8% increase overall, those under a contract such as myself, the rates increase vary from product to product, some will only increase just under 2% so, not too bad.

I'm waiting for the new itemised price list for all the shipping options available so, I will give you the older prices but want be a great deal of difference, just slightly, as is to be expected...!

The small 500gr box @ AU$13.00

The medium 1.5 kg box @ AU$29.00

The large 3kg box @ AU$58.00

Amazingly, and the new store is not even open yet (very soon...!), new run around pretty fast around here and in 48 hours I had a total of 680 blanks sold , half within Australia and the other half overseas but, the most amazing thing is that, of the overseas direct orders (well all were direct, made through my email address) only 10% were to the USA, the rest were from places that aren't your ordinary mill of the day names, a single thread/post on IAP and all the world knows about it so, a good reminder of what the web word really means, in the good and or bad ways...!:eek:

It just means that I have to "finish" (cut the square corners off) a "few" more for the new store, no worries...!:wink:

I'm actually going to exchange/replace 2 of the pics I had on the OP, those pics that I "painted" the ends and the edges of the blanks as, when I was trying to work out how many blanks would fit on each type/size of box and see what sort of total weight they will endup at, I had most of the blanks with the square corner removed on the work-shop and I was in the "lolly-shop" so, I grabbed a bunch of the blanks I had in packs of 4 and with the square corners on, that was enough to give an idea, I took the pics but I wasn't going to post them on IAP but when I started my OP and added the small box pics on, I endup putting also the only pics I had from the bigger boxes but, I was going to always replaced them, in reality, I shouldn't have put them in, oh well...!

Some people asked me why those 2 pics you couldn't see the full blanks, and while, I don't know what box each person is going to get, seeing the blanks wouldn't mean much appart from having a peak on what is going in there, in average, off-course so, I will change those 2 pics after I finish this reply...!

The small and medium box sizes are already listed on my new web-store, I will consider what to do with the larger size box, as I go so, no orders will be taken for them until they are listed...!

None of my direct orders took more than 30 blanks, that was my condition, they all were clearly told that all blanks in this Special sale of mine, would have their square corners removed/cut off, no exception, as a result 2/3 of the orders I had were cancelled, the number of blanks ordered was ridiculous so, when I told them that, 30 blanks max, per person and that the corners have been cut off, that was the end of that, infact, a few of the small orders, cancelled after they were told, no square corners on these Olive wood blanks on mine, under this Special/offer.

Well, it ain't difficult to see what happened there, Olive wood blanks with a round sticker and a Certificate of a lie put on a blank that has had the square corners cut off and areas of the blanks waxed, put on eBay or advertised elsewhere as BOW, wouldn't look that good, huh...!:wink::biggrin:

For the people that actually want to make pens from them the exact people I'm making this Special offer to, having the square corners cut off, have allowed to have more blanks added in the box for the same weight charge, and will make turning them round, 1/3 of the work with less chances to catches and blank damage, as for the rest, I don't really want to have nothing to do it, period...!

Simple solutions are often the most effective, I have used the square corner removing for years, mainly for parcels weight adjustment, some Resifills for easy workability, etc, etc., I can't believe that I never thought to resolve the main reason, I haven't start doing this, years ago, just one of those things, I suppose...!:biggrin:

Cheers
George

Cmiles1985

Woohoo! My olive blanks arrived today!! I have not had the chance to open that massive box, but I am excited that their journey was much shorter (doubly meant) than my last package :biggrin:

Top Bottom