All the way from Russia...!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

Hi everyone,

I just received a few pics from a friend I have in Russia actually Siberia, he makes knifes and wood/bone carvings.

This is my second knife maker from Russia to purchase some of my knife blanks for the knifes they make.

Russian love knifes and they have a deep culture in knife making and knife use so, is a privilege to have some of my woods used in their work. One of the woods they like the most, from me is the She/Bull-Oak but then, they started to see some of my Resifill knife blanks and that has become also of interest to them.

Like with people I sell my pen blanks, I often ask to see pics of their finish product, I get a few every so often, the same goes with the knife blanks that sometimes endup on things like handguns grips..!

Some time ago, he saw the Banksia Hairy pod Resifill pen blanks and asked me if I could make some knife blanks with the same material so, I measured the pods and using the bigger ones, I could get sufficient pod width for a knife handle block, about 150 x 45 x 35mm.

I have made a few spare and since I sold them all appart from 1 I've got left. This is the first knife I saw with a handle made with my Banksia Hairy pods and while the pics come out a little dark for the handle proper viewing, I didn't touch them and I'm sharing them with you all, as I received them (just made them a little smaller).

There is also one knife made with my She/Bull-Oak wood but, I'm yet to see another knife with a blade made this way, absolutely stunning...!
Combining this blade with this handle blank, was certainly of great taste and worthwhile, I have no idea how much a knife like this sells for in Russia, USA or anywhere else, for that matter, I wanted to buy it but, as I tried before from this and the other knifemakers, all knifes are confiscated by Russian Customs, they just don't let any of this stuff get out of the country, why....??? I have no idea, I would accept the other way around as, coming into the country but, going out....???:confused::mad:

So, enjoy the pics as much as I do, that will be the closest we all will get from it, sorry...!

PS: That last pic of the Banksia handle knife is simply spectacular, and I'm told that, the snake is real...!:)

Cheers
George

Attachments

• DSC09557.JPG
    DSC09557.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 258
  • DSC09558.JPG
    DSC09558.JPG
    44.6 KB · Views: 241
  • DSC09559.JPG
    DSC09559.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 261
  • DSC09565.JPG
    DSC09565.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 254
  • DSC09536.JPG
    DSC09536.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 248
  • DSC09537.JPG
    DSC09537.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 223
  • DSC09538.JPG
    DSC09538.JPG
    48.2 KB · Views: 221
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

I will pass the info on to a couple of knife makers I know. Never know who will be interested

Thanks,

Some small knifes only need a normal pen blank for the handle, with bigger knifes, the handle sizes vary considerably and sometimes is no other way to have it done but, wast a fair amount of the blank/block to have it done right however, these blanks work well for hand shaping with sanding/grinding tools, this being the typical way the knife handles are shaped.

Not every knife is worth of such blanks however, a good blade such as the one used by this Russian knife maker, is worth every bit of it, the 2 together are a great combination and something that tells you, it ain't make in China, as unique as rocking horse $!#t...!:wink::biggrin:

Cheers
George

robutacion

I would like to show you IAP friends, some more work done by this friend knifemaker in Russia, sometimes using some of my woods...!

This one was sent to me some time ago but, I always intended to show it here for you all to enjoy, his blades are something else and the handles have a very specific influence of the Russian culture and knife use in that country.

I can also saw that, my friend takes amazing photographs and he has a very artistic eye with his background compositions, no doubt...!

I never get tired of seeing work such as this...!

What do you think...!:biggrin:

DSC00035.jpgDSC00036.jpgDSC00037.jpg

Cheers
George

Top Bottom