Who does NOT want $50 in pen blanks?? FREE

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Get these FREE:

Just submit your winning photo of a pen made with a Maj'K blank!!!!

Entries will be accepted through Sunday!!!

Why wait? Enter now!!

Attachments

• focus.jpg
    focus.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 249
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Dave!!

Did you paint tubes or backpaint??

Cool looking pen---should sell quickly, I would think!!

Thank you for your entry!!

ssajn

Local Chapter Leader
Here's mine.

Here's more info on making this pen.

Taking into consideration the color of the blank and a brass tube I did not paint the tube or back paint. In the future I would recommend painting as I can see the tube.

This was an easy turn using a sharp skew. Then sanded starting with 500 grit going to 1200 grit then polished with Flitz metal polish. After assembly a coat of Ren wax and hand buffed.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks for the details, Dave!! Everyone RUSH to get your entries in before the Packers big win!!!! EdD and his "inner circle" will be judging soon!!!

LagniappeRob

In this light, I'd be tempted to call this "Creamsicle", but it changes with the light taking on a more pink and even a bit of almost green iridescence.

Back painted white on Ultra Cigar. I'd love to experiment with other color back-painting... I'm sure other effects could be gotten easily.

Taken with Nikon J1, @ 14mm, ISO-100, F/16 @ 1/4 second exposure with 2x 5.5k CFL Floods and 2x pin spots.

Turned between centers, no bushings ever touched the tubes.

Attachments

• DSC_0823-small.jpg
    DSC_0823-small.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:

LagniappeRob

Thanks, I like it (the pen) more than I thought I would actually... not usually a fan of Ultra Cigars usually. But like the blank it catches the light - I was hoping they'd play well together and I think they do.

Edit:
BTW - the blank is difficult to photograph. I played with all kinds of exposures, angles, light placement, etc. That's why I listed the photo info. Nothing really works totally. I thought about experimenting with using a AVI and moving the lights. Or using google's motion creation program and taking a bunch of stills with the pen turning on axis and let them string them together.

Last edited:
Top Bottom