What you see

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
is what you get!!

Since our inception, Dawn has published EACH pen blank, from our guest artist as a separate item--and we have made the pictures large enough to see the detail. A couple years ago, we added the "zoom" feature so you can actually see as much on the picture as you could see if you were holding the pen blank!! This required our partners and Dawn to invest in equipment that could produce pictures that would allow the zoom to work properly. We are grateful to them for their effort--we think it was justified.

Here is one example, so you can see what we offer!

WHY?? Because we want you to know EXACTLY what you are buying, when you invest in "artistic" endeavors!!!

Many of the competitive sites show a "representative" picture--some from a distance:eek::eek:. While this is certainly EASIER for the vendor, we believe you, the purchaser, deserve MORE information.

In short, Dawn has made every effort to accurately show our customers what they are buying. We think you deserve that!! In spite of the fact that it requires dozens of hours of additional time.

Apparently, not all vendors agree----we hope you will choose to purchase your blanks from our partners, since we can truly say, "What you see, is what you will get!"

NO surprises---seems like a "good thing" to us.

We are interested in your feedback--do you value the extra effort, or should we "follow the crowd" ?

Thanks!!

Dawn & Ed

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thewishman

I love that feature! The only drawback is that things cast in resin don't look as good as they will when they are turned and polished. The distortions that appear in the pictures go away as the blank gets closer to finished size.

rockb

Hi Ed and Dawn....going the extra mile is what sets you guys apart and above the rest. Even though I haven't bought any of your blanks (I sell some too) I can certainly appreciate the extra time involved in taking good pics. Good job....

brownsfn2

Chris is right. I use a round plastic tube as a mold for all my castings. Sometimes that tube gets distorted during the casting process. It is only on the surface but still shows in the close up pictures. I take a lot of care in trying to eliminate as much of the distortion as possible but sometimes it is just not possible.

I love taking close up pictures of each and every blank though. I can spend that extra quality time with each one before I send it off into the world to become a pen. :)

It is a lot of fun though! I hope everyone likes the new stripes.

stonepecker

Ed, Dawn's efforts are not a waste of time. I am very happy to read the above so we (your customers) can give kudos to Dawn and her work. I have never been disappointed by something I recieved from Exotic Blanks. I can say that for a few vendors. But very few.
The effort and service we recieve here is always top notch. That is why it is a pleasure to shop and buy from you two.

Leave Dawn do what she wants........she does need an assitant to train for the future.

magpens

I LOVE the way you do your pictures and your listings ! . Please don't change !!!! . :):):):):)

stuckinohio

I also like the pictures and zoom feature. I use it often. Thank you for taking the time. I have an Etsy page and I don't even like doing the most basic photo additions and work on the listing!

On a side note, That blank is awesome. Good job brownsfn2!

cjester

I know I'm not a high volume customer (I don't sell, just gifts and personal use), but I certainly appreciate the better detail.

JohnU

I'm guessing most of us don't know what kind of time goes into making Exoticblanks what it is but we sure appreciate it. I agree with Ron when I say it's nice to photograph and try and provide a clear picture of each blanks and its beauty. Often the clear casting tubes distort the blank appearance and a little extra time turning or polishing comes into play. Of course none of this compares to seeing the finished masterpiece. So, thank you Ed and Dawn! And thank you pen artists who bring these blanks to life! I personally love the actual product pictures and the zoom feature when buying. It certainly helps in my impulse shopping. :)

Top Bottom