What thread size are these nib sections

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ed McDonnell

No answer yet....hmmmmm.....it says they are compatible with Atrax... I used to use M8.4 x 1.0 to cut threads for Atrax and Jr Gent II sections. It's been more than 6 months since I last did this, so if Berea (or whoever is making that section) has changed threads in the interim it might now be something else.

Ed (a different one than you were probably hoping to hear from)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Been busy being copier guy!!

Here is the "plan" for the front ends:
We started getting them from Dayacom a year or so ago. Then, when we ran out, we asked for more, they raised the price over 100%. We asked Berea and they agreed to sell us the front ends, made for the Atrax, Triton, Baron and Sedona. This is the product we now have in inventory.

Meanwhile, the front end threading on the Dayacom products seems to be changing. So, I am thankful they did not sell us a large shipment, then change.

But, the fact that Berea was willing to assist us is yet another reason I will attempt to persuade you to use BEREA brand pen models!! Their quality is equal or better than any of the other "makers" and they listen to what we are requesting and attempt to help us (and, by extension, this helps ALL pen makers). They were also cooperative when we wanted the "postable" finial for the Atrax!!

So, I will continue to say these pen "front ends" are made for Berea's kits and will FIT them. I make no other assertions about interchangeability or merchantability for any other application!!

Now, for those who will ignore all this and try it (as I would have when I was selling pens)---be careful---it is NOT just the threads that have to work. I once had a replacement front section that fit the threads GREAT!!! BUT, when you put it on a Jr. pen and screwed on the cap, the front section unscrewed when you took the cap OFF, with the nib remaining in the cap. Sometimes the converter came with it, sometimes NOT. So, if you purchase the front section to try on a different manufacturer's pen, be certain ALL the other components of that pen are compatible with the Berea nib. ExoticBlanks does NOT recommend this and we will not refund for front sections. Consider it a $5 experiment that failed. (BTW, if you find one that it fits it becomes "your little secret"---a competitive advantage when you are selling at shows--go ahead, ask me how I know this--GAAMHIKT)

Sorry, but there are dozens of pen models and I don't possess all of them, so we will not "test" for you. If you want to try it, feel free---but you MAY lose $5 (OR you could buy one of our Berea models and use the nib for THAT!!! Might decide you LOVE the pen!!)

I certainly will entertain questions and comments----we do want to give penmakers all the tools we can and, so far Berea is by far the most helpful. Maybe you should use THEIR products!!

Ed

Last edited:

Carl Fisher

Hrmm, no offense intended here but that was a lot of explanation that really had nothing to do with the question. I thought it was a justifiable question about a product that you are selling.

Since your listing specifically calls out "or as a section for custom pen makers" knowing what thread it is would be a good bit of information for that intended use.

Last edited:

The Penguin

it may not have directly answered your question - but it sure did clarify what parklandturner posted about using them on JG2's

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hrmm, no offense intended here but that was a lot of explanation that really had nothing to do with the question. I thought it was a justifiable question about a product that you are selling.

Since your listing specifically calls out "or as a section for custom pen makers" knowing what thread it is would be a good bit of information for that intended use.

I did not mean to be offended!!

My concern, Carl, is that I don't know how to measure threads and, in the past I have seen many postings on IAP where I believe those who give thread "specifications" also don't know how to measure. So, I have great concern over trying to "spec out" the piece.

If any of you are certain your measuring technique is accurate, I certainly don't object to passing that along---

I just don't want any incorrect information to be attributed to me.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
No answer yet....hmmmmm.....it says they are compatible with Atrax... I used to use M8.4 x 1.0 to cut threads for Atrax and Jr Gent II sections. It's been more than 6 months since I last did this, so if Berea (or whoever is making that section) has changed threads in the interim it might now be something else.

Ed (a different one than you were probably hoping to hear from)

With regard to this, unfortunately, I still have a few dozen barons and sedonas from several years ago. (I wish I could say I sold them all!!) So, today, I tried the new nib on the old sedonas---fit great. I can say with certainty, they have not changed in the several years I have been making that pen.

Top Bottom