Three days, three new vids

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Warren White

A suggestion...

Ed, I have really enjoyed your turning videos and have them bookmarked so I can return to them from time to time.

I would like to suggest that you mark the new ones (perhaps in red with a date) so I can know which ones are new. Similar t what they do in the Library on this site.

Thanks again for adding to our store of knowledge.

JohnU

Loved the videos Ed! and I was very honored to see you turning one of mine! Thank you for taking the time to make these videos.

magpens

Ed, I am curious about the lathe tool you use. Is it an oval skew rounded symmetrically on the cutting end ?

(I am now worried that the words "skew" and "symmetrically" don't really go together; hope you know what I mean. I use a metal lathe so might be making a mistake in terminology.)

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I affectionately refer to it as my "fat belly" skew. I have found I can cut left to right, then right to left without changing anything but the angle. I don't do this on videos, cause I don't want people to try to do the same and complain about how difficult it is---use the tool you like and turn the way YOU prefer.

I have 6 Benjamin's best cheap skews, no two of them have the same profile. Variety is the spice of life, AND when I am asked to turn with someone else's tool, I am pretty sure I will be able to.

I sincerely believe turning has less to do with the tool and more to do with the brain, controlling the muscles that control the tool. I try to be versatile.

edicehouse

The next video we want you to turn a corn-cob pen while riding a unicycle, while Dawn jugles bowling pins and breathes fire, and for good measure add a dancing chicken. How's that for versatile?

Top Bottom