Sunday--vid is here!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Wayne,
You're gonna LOVE this one!!

NOTHING edited out--nearly 15 minutes long, every word a gem:eek::eek::biggrin::biggrin:.

Really, it is a vid showing the turning of a steampunk blank from Mik, from Australia.

By way of introduction--here is an interesting fact I learned while preparing this: A sierra (non-vista) has .0365" of space between the brass tube and the finished diameter. This is the approximate height of ten sheets of standard 20# paper. Now, when you consider that any artist who is trying to make these blanks is going to put SOMETHING on the tube, how many sheets of paper do you think will remain as clear resin???

So, TUNE UP your lathe!! If the bushings are not drilled in the center, or you have glue or resin remaining in the tube, throwing it off center, you are LIKELY to have problems.

I believe there will be a follow up to this--

What factors can YOU think of that will lead to failure???

Thanks for any ideas---I hope to make a "sequel"!!

Ed

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The video will be "up" in a couple minutes, it will be here:
YouTube

A few of you saw the one I posted last night, it was incomplete. This morning I watched it and realized part had not been uploaded. So, this one is complete==content-wise there is no real difference, but this has a better beginning, looks more "finished".

Feedback is always welcome---good OR bad!!

Thanks,
Ed

flyitfast

Another great educational video - Thanks for giving us what we need to increase our own skills.
Besides the turning of that blank, you cleared up one of my "demons". Your use of the skew gives me greater desire to get back to that tool. Your use of it seems so natural.
Thanks Ed.

Gordon

Top Bottom