Sunday Night at the movies--#1-Exotic-specific comments

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Sunday night at the movies---Selecting the pen blank - YouTube

As promised, we will begin the Sunday night at the Movies feature, immediately!

The first one is "Selecting the pen blank". Really should have been selecting and determining where to cut to make a two piece pen.

I will be posting this also in the regular IAP forum. If you have comments that are NOT related to ExoticBlanks or OUR SPECIFIC blank offerings, please comment in the Penturning thread (Jeff would like to keep the information in the forum, for posterity--and I'm fine with that!!!)

IF you want further information about how this may relate to blanks sold on ExoticBlanks, THIS IS THE PLACE to post those questions or comments, since I can answer freely with reference to any products!!!

Please DO Comment---I will be doing this every week. It will improve, with your help.

Thanks,
Ed

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ambidex

vids

Good start Ed...looking forward to the when to paint tubes video. I have had issues in the past with tubes showing through with some blanks I thought would be opaque enough to hide tubes. Now if I have any doubts I paint.:wink:

edicehouse

You know it's crazy. I have brought up painting blanks and how it causes a blank to turn out. So many people will not watch videos on "introduction" things, but if they do often they have the "I didn't think of that" moment.

Great video, very informative. Thanks Ed.

Have you thought of making a "check list" for example:

What type of blank ____________
Name of blank___________
Vender got the blank from___________
Does it need to be backpainted _____________
If so what color_____________
Kit used on__________

IDK something like that.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I know this will surprise some, but I don't turn every blank any more!!

Looking at a pen blank, I can usually tell what will develop, from experience. But, next week we will cover a way to be pretty certain when you need to paint.

I hope that, by the end of the year we will make everyone who watches the videos a better penmaker.

Please realize I am NOT the source of all this information----your IAP IS the source of a good part of it. I have been here a long time and I read the suggestions. The better suggestions become part of my "pen knowledge". So, I am really only organizing the thoughts that have been presented on IAP over the past half decade or so.

Thanks for watching!!!
Ed

edman2

Local Chapter Leader
Nicely done. When you get a lot of these done if they were placed on a DVD they could be used by local chapters for program content. Hint. Hint.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Nicely done. When you get a lot of these done if they were placed on a DVD they could be used by local chapters for program content. Hint. Hint.

I would be happy to do that, if you think anyone would actually USE them!! Even if a member took the DVD home and prepared HIS demo, using them as a reference, it would be worthwhile!!

Will check with Jeff----thanks for the idea!!

Ed

Top Bottom