Stupid computer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

Went to the shop, loaded another rod, started it and computer crashed. I restarted it and it won't reboot. Even with restore cd it just won't go. Yesterday the fan in the front broke, I heard it squeaking then jammed and died but there's 2 more big fans and it's not hot in the shop so I kept running. According to Google it's showing symptoms of hard drive failure...maybe that one fan mattered or maybe just coincidence. Fortunately I bought an old used pc off eBay a week ago to run my new machine when it gets here. Now I just need to figure out all my settings. I kept meaning to photograph all the settings in Mach 3...now I wish I had done that. :rolleyes:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

Bugger...out of business for a couple days until I can contact the guys I got my CNc from. I got the machine to run, I can manually jog it, but it won't cut. I zero it in, hit start, it fires up spindle and moves to starting point but then just sits there. Numbers on screen say it's moving but it physically is not. No question it's in my Mach settings but darn if I can figure out where.

workinforwood

Motor tuning was set by the xml file. Those numbers are same as before. I did a spindle test, worked perfect. I tested all movements at 1 inch, they where perfect. I can manually jog the machine any direction and can run spindle manually no problem. When I run a real program that I know works, machine starts, moves into position and just sits there. On the screen the dro is moving but I can clearly see the machine not moving.

workinforwood

Woohoo!!! Back in business!! Wasn't even that difficult. I guess I just needed to sleep on it. I erased Mach, reinstalled it, reset computer, pasted in the machines xml file and everything worked perfect for 4.5 minutes. Then I found out that 4.5 min is how long it takes to hit 500 lines of code and then Mach 3 no longer works because it's not registered. Searched my emails and found the registration code and life is back to normal. The first two rods are trashed but I think my third one is working. Just a matter of fine tuning my a axis so it cuts at fastest speed it can but without losing steps.

Top Bottom