Stabilized wood opportunity

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Exotics received a request for 50 pieces a week of stabilized wood.
Size is about 3 by 2 inches. Anybody interested in doing this, I would connect you with the prospective customer====Dawn and I certainly don't have time to do this, so we would pass it along to you.

Honestly, if you are a customer of Exotics now, you would get first chance.
(one hand washes the other)

Let me know here or by PM.
Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

elkhorn

Ed and Richard: If you find you aren't able to do it, or would prefer to do only half, please let me know. In any case, good luck!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
To be clearer, Exotics will not be doing anything in this scenario.

From time to time we get requests to do things that we are not equipped to do. So, we plan to be a "middleman" that will find someone who can do the job, then put the customer directly in contact with the prospective supplier.

Exotics will make nothing on the transaction.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Yes, I have a couple possible suppliers.

I will notify the customer and see if I can get more info on what he wants. Then try to find the best match.

Time zone issues, it will be a day or so.

Harpazo

I'm also interested. I'm in the Eastern Time Zone (Central Ohio) if that helps. I can provide photos of my setup if that helps. 50 blanks per week is not a problem.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Here is his description of what he wants: the size is 3.5 x 2.5 x 2ish inches

Hi Ed!
Thank you so much for your response. I'm currently looking for a stabilized wood burl with designs and yes dyed with unique color and design. Stabilized wood or hybrid resin will also do. Please check the image of the designs that i need.

Thank you so much!

This opens the door to "worthless wood" as well. I will send him one more email, requesting his permission to send his email address to possible suppliers. Assuming he agrees, I will PM his info to everyone who has replied to me---he would be smart to choose more than one source if he really will order 50 per week. I would think that finding the wood is part of the challenge.

Update coming soon,
Ed

Last edited:

Harpazo

I have an excellent supplier of wood I have been using for years and they have burlwood ready to go. I was just in their shop yesterday and know from that alone they have enough to supply the need. They've been around for 100+ years, good folks. I saw a burl slab yesterday large enough to make a conference table. Hmmm, that should make a few pens. Boy, wouldn't I love to be the owner of THAT piece of wood. Too bad I didn't take my camera!

Top Bottom