Sports Support Sold out, replenished!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Really helps to have a couple thousand customers perched on the website!! As soon as Brian's sports colors were introduced, they sold out:eek::eek:

So, "Fool4Peppers" sent us another, larger batch with a couple new added colors!!

The colors in these blanks are VERY well delineated, which means the blank has to cure more quickly. As a result, they can be a little "chippy". So, to assist you with improving your turning skills, I have made this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rqK-jJTDL8

Watch it, gain some tips and then go here:

As I mention in the video, these are only $5 each and one blank will make two sierra style pens (or many of the other single tube designs)!!

So, this is a very AFFORDABLE way to become a better pen turner.

This week, someone referred to me as an "Expert". While I don't think of myself in those terms, I am VERY confident when I turn a blank. Why? Because I have "blown up" a similar blank dozens of times, so now I know what NOT to do----the only way to get to this point is EXPERIENCE!! Join me!! (it is a very nice feeling to know you CAN turn it, no matter what is put on the lathe)!!

These SportSupport blanks on a sierra will make great pens that cost you about $10. They should sell VERY easily at $40----you can certainly pay for any mistakes with that margin!!!

Get em while they are here!!! Brian can make more!!!

Thanks,
Ed

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wyone

Well sheesh.. had me all excited.. but no.. I live in Denver and no colors for me. :) I tried making my own, and was only moderately successful. I also looked at the local wood store and they had some of the right orange and blue colors, but they wanted $13 each for them because of the colors. So I will keep perfecting making my own for now. :) :)

Majorbdk

Thanks Ed.

Mitch, I have an orange and blue blank planned. Orange is one of the harder colors for me to get just right. Look for them in the near future.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
It's always nice to have the artists answer your questions!!

We rarely know when to expect items, until a couple days before they arrive---Brian is much better than most at keeping his inventory in stock for us!

Many of you who are regular customers of Exotics have been kind enough to include some of our partner products in YOUR inventory, for sale to YOUR customers. Dawn and I are primarily interested in helping you have a reliable source of inventory---Brian is the type of "partner" that is good for you!! (Which makes him good for us, too!! Which means everybody comes out ahead!!)

TonyL

Ed. I plan to buy some, but is the Cajun Black and Gold blank in stock? Your site says no. Thanks!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The database at Exotics is "live". When we receive additional product, it "gets in line". Some days, we have 5 or 6 large and medium flat rate boxes arrive from the partners. Yesterday, an additional 4 large boxes (Much larger than flatrates) arrived from PSI. Dawn starts posting the products in the boxes as quickly as she can.

EVERY afternoon, we spend 3 to 4 hours shipping orders--that is our first priority!! So, she has about 6 hours a day to "post" new products.

This is a LONG way to say, the site SHOULD be correct!! When "restock" product arrives, it is posted within a couple days. The artists' products MAY sit for a couple extra days, until Dawn can spend the night (usually every other night) to add 8-10 hours of "posting time".

Right now, I am answering you from home. Dawn spent last night at the office, so she is probably napping. When I get there (usually just before 10 AM), I will check with her to see if we have any SportSupport "in line" and let you know.

I realize this has turned into a long answer. We are very pleased to have thousands of customers, many of whom are here on IAP. We think the more you know about the "nuts and bolts", the better you can understand how Dawn and I allocate our time.

Customers are "job 1"! Partners are very important, but we know our existence depends on CUSTOMERS. So, thanks to all of you for helping us build a very large inventory (tax time is making me quantify this---OMG!!! a very pleasant SHOCK).

To repeat, I will check to see if we have Cajun black and gold in the boxes that arrived this week---if I can get around the boxes from PSI--we wanted to get that posted before Thursday, so you could take advantage of Double Lathe Loot, when you purchased it. 28 orders came in under "SHOT", yesterday---we have a LOT in stock.

Come take advantage of "everyday low" pricing.

Thanks for reading!!

Ed & Dawn

Argo13

I love the names Dawn and Brian. I am sure I can make a real "champion" of a pen with the gone with the wind blank. Let me know when the Rock and Roll Orange and Brown blank comes out.

Jason

Just don't call it Johnny pen blank

Last edited:

Majorbdk

Jason,
I'll see I can add them on the next round of blanks. Like many of us, the pens and blanks are a hobby and dang it, my real job has gotten in the way..lol.. Since the beginning of the year, I have been covered up at work and haven't had time to get another batch started. Was going to start over the last week but in Kentucky we have had 15 inches of snow and -15 temps. Thanks all for your support. Replenishment will be coming soon.

Thanks
Brian

P.S. Dawn gets all the credit for the names.

Top Bottom