A selfish request for a kit - International Association of Penturners
     International Association of Penturners
Pens for Service Members

Support The IAP

Go Back   International Association of Penturners > IAP Marketplace > Vendor Forums > ExoticBlanks.com -corner of IAP!!
  Forgot Password
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Logged on members can hide ads!

Welcome to penturners.org!

You've found the home of The International Association of Penturners. You are currently viewing our site as a guest, which gives you limited access to view discussions, photos, and library articles.

Consider joining our community today. You'll have full access to all of our content, be able to enter our contests, find local chapters near you, and post your questions and share your experience with our members all over the world.

Membership is completely free!!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #1 (permalink)

Photos: 32

Default A selfish request for a kit

Ex. Blanks has started reselling some PSI kits. I know it is a selfish request but would LOVE to see you carry the Classic from PSI. In searching and watching the IAP site it appears not many use this kit but it, by far, is my best seller. I would much rather buy it from you and then I could always add in extra blanks etc.
Old 10-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Local Chapter Manager

Photos: 27

Hey Richard!!!

You are one of our customers---there is no such thing as a selfish request!!

Our problem is we don't have the hundreds of thousands of dollars it would take to stock every pen kit made--but when a member of IAP indicates an interest, we will ALWAYS look at the product.

This is how we embarked on Emperor, Imperial, Lotus and Jr. Emperor. It is also what initiated our relationship with PSI---our customers asked for their products.

So, never be reluctant to suggest!!!! Dawn and I discuss new products EVERY DAY! We are in favor of EVERYTHING!!! Then, we look at the checkbook to see what is really possible. All of you have helped BUILD ExoticBlanks.com to a much bigger company than we ever expected---we are grateful and will do whatever we can to assist YOU in growing YOUR businesses or your hobby.

Someday, we will have them all---until then, we will choose what you all suggest, whenever we can!!!

Thanks for your input!!

Ed & Dawn
Old 10-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #3 (permalink)

Photos: 0

I have never even looked at those pens, they look pretty nice, and not a bad price on them. Which version are you talking about? It seems they have the twist level, roller ball level, and elite level.

Last edited by edicehouse; 10-13-2013 at 01:13 PM.
edicehouse is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Advertisement
Old 10-13-2013, 01:13 PM   #4 (permalink)
Local Chapter Manager

Photos: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by edicehouse View Post
I have never even looked at those pens, they look pretty nice, and not a bad price on them.
This kind of feedback is extremely helpful, as well!!!

If ExoticBlanks can take a good product and give it better exposure, EVERYONE can benefit----

We look forward to any input on this thread-----THANKS!!!
Old 10-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edicehouse View Post
I have never even looked at those pens, they look pretty nice, and not a bad price on them. Which version are you talking about? It seems they have the twist level, roller ball level, and elite level.
The one I use is the "rollerball level". I have used several of the Elites and they are nice pens also but I like the retro "Classic" Parker look from the 1940's/50's. Never tried the twist style. I have probably made and sold 100 of the Classic Rollerball. (Just a note- you do not have to cut a tenon on this particular kit.)

And thanks for the reply Ed. I understand about choosing your inventory but wanted to at least put in my likes. I would LOVE to give Exotic ALL my business.

Last edited by Richard Gibson; 10-13-2013 at 01:24 PM.
Richard Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-14-2013, 01:26 PM   #6 (permalink)

Photos: 5

Looking at this review: 24k gold Screw cap Classic American Rollerball/fountain pen Kit from PSI I wouldn't personaly buy one. Also, they look cheap with plastic parts.
2nd place Antler, Horn and Bone Pen Contest 2014
yaroslaw is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 10-14-2013, 05:33 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaroslaw View Post
Looking at this review: 24k gold Screw cap Classic American Rollerball/fountain pen Kit from PSI I wouldn't personaly buy one. Also, they look cheap with plastic parts.
You need to read the review that you posted! This is not the same pen. As you read the post, Woodturningz did their own version and that is what was being reviewed. PSI's version does not have a tenon and I have had NO problems in over three years.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #8 (permalink)

Photos: 6

I always keep 5 sets in chrome and 5 sets in gold in stock at all times (RB version). This, cigars, slim pro's and majestics of all varieties are my best sellers.
JohnGreco is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-13-2013, 07:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

Photos: 15

We got these in and up on the site a little bit ago...sorry I was forgetful and didn't post a link.

But in case you didn't already see them Richard, you can now find the Classic here -

Exotic Blanks :: Pen Kits :: Pen Kits (By Kit Name) :: Classic Pen Kits

I think they are a very nice addition - Thank you so much for suggesting them!!!!
PR_Princess is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old 11-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR_Princess View Post
We got these in and up on the site a little bit ago...sorry I was forgetful and didn't post a link.

But in case you didn't already see them Richard, you can now find the Classic here -

Exotic Blanks :: Pen Kits :: Pen Kits (By Kit Name) :: Classic Pen Kits

I think they are a very nice addition - Thank you so much for suggesting them!!!!

HOT DANG!!!! Thank you for doing this. Next order in a few weeks will definitely be with you. Really nice kit at a good price. Really appreciate you listening to your customers too!

Last edited by Richard Gibson; 11-13-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Richard Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Related Content
Logged on members can hide ads