Scrolling pen blanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

I have been getting an above average amount of requests lately to take on little projects where someone wants me to scroll a design for them. I really appreciate the business and the appreciation for the skills required to create such intricate work by hand. Unfortunately, my scrolling days are over. Due to age and luck, my body can not physically operate a scroll saw anymore. I saw this coming for a few years now, this is why I came up with the CNc idea. I have had a bad nerve in my right hand for over a decade and just finally got that fixed. Eventually it will heal and be just fine, but the real issue is that I have poly arthritis, which is a very rare type of arthritis which causes lumps to grow on the exterior of my finger joints. It is very painful and there is no treatments or cures, you just take pain killers and deal with it. I love creating pen blanks, I am not on the way out of business now or anytime in the near future. I am very imaginative and resourceful, so i am very good at finding solutions to working around my physical restraints, I just won't be able to help people with using a scroll saw. Thank you for your understanding.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

I have been getting an above average amount of requests lately to take on little projects where someone wants me to scroll a design for them. I really appreciate the business and the appreciation for the skills required to create such intricate work by hand. Unfortunately, my scrolling days are over. Due to age and luck, my body can not physically operate a scroll saw anymore. I saw this coming for a few years now, this is why I came up with the CNc idea. I have had a bad nerve in my right hand for over a decade and just finally got that fixed. Eventually it will heal and be just fine, but the real issue is that I have poly arthritis, which is a very rare type of arthritis which causes lumps to grow on the exterior of my finger joints. It is very painful and there is no treatments or cures, you just take pain killers and deal with it. I love creating pen blanks, I am not on the way out of business now or anytime in the near future. I am very imaginative and resourceful, so i am very good at finding solutions to working around my physical restraints, I just won't be able to help people with using a scroll saw. Thank you for your understanding.

Jeff first I want to say hope you feel better and maybe some cure is near. You never know these days. Modern medicine is moving very fast.

Second I want to say thanks from one scroller to another. Your work has always been an inspiration and you have shared some new and innovative ideas in both the pen world and also the scrolling world in general. Your work is known throughout the scrolling hobby. You have many articles written and read by many.

I know you will continue to amaze us all in anything you try. Your work with the CNC is proving to be lucrative and accepted by all in the pen turning world. Continued success. Hope you jump in here more often though. always great to read your posts.

All the best.:)

magpens

Just want to say that I, for one, greatly appreciate your contributions to our craft.

I have no doubt you will rise to the new challenges and continue to produce your art that we in turn use to make pens.

Good luck, Jeff.

Top Bottom