Rollerball in blue??

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Had a question today that may be more popular than we guess.

The caller wanted to have BLUE refills for his kits, instead of the BLACK refills that come with the kit. After much conversation, I realized he simply wanted the same Schmidt 888 refill, just a different color.

So, is this a popular request??

We are considering making the blue an option that we would price very attractively---you would still get the black as well (I am not going to open each kit to change refills). Cost would be under a buck.

Unfortunately, I cannot post this as a poll, in this forum, so I need your comments, please.

Thanks,
Dawn & Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Cmiles1985

I was writing with a Zen earlier thinking that if really love it in blue to go with the blue pearl Cholla barrel!

So, yes, I would buy blue RB refills.

Yes. When we do a show, I bet 10-15% of the buyers (maybe 1 out of 8) would like a different color ink. I stock blue but they often want something else.

PSNCO

My wife and her law firm have asked for blue ink in any pen my son has made for the firm members. I have about 50/50 with the management and staff at my place of work.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Just as a point of information---Black outsells blue 4 or 5 to one. We know there will not be a BIG contingent of orders, but if it would be convenient for you, we CAN do it, with a little software maneuvering. (I am told)

southernclay

I've bought some extra blue roller and Parker style. We for the most part only use blue ink at work and many attorneys offices use blue ink as well so I think it's nice to have as an option.

Btw sent you a PM about a couple of blanks, let me know. Thanks Ed!

Crashmph

I would be more interested in a 5888 than a 888 blue refill. Would we have a choice of Fine or Medium?

Last edited by a moderator:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I would be more interested in a 5888 than a 888 blue refill. Would we have a choice of Fine or Medium?

Currently the 5888 is offered as an option in black or blue, medium or fine, whenever the "stock refill" that comes with the kit is NOT a 5888.

Top Bottom