• I would NOT use two packs of one color

Votes: 12 27.3%
  • See below for my comments!

Votes: 6 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We are working on a project, which will result in better writing Cross refills.
AND it will give us COLOR refills for the Cross.

RETAIL price on these is $5.50 a twin pack (yes we intend to sell them at a price that allows you some margin). But we are curious how much interest there will be in color (6 flavors) as well as red, black, blue and blue-black.

So here is the question:
Do you want two refill "blister packs" to sell to your customers?
Do you want six packs of assorted colors? Purple, orange, turquoise, green, brown, pink?

Poll attached!!

We will be using this to help us determine what to stock. The results will be hidden while we are accepting replies (in this case, seven days). Then, you will be able to see what the results were, but you will no longer be able to vote. That way, we give you the chance to see WHY we are doing this, but still don't have the voters influenced by the "popular" opinions. THANKS to all who participate!!!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Personally, I will be most likely to purchase in bulk rather than prepackaged....I might keep a couple of 2 packs on hand (blue, black or blue-black) as a service to my customers but would leave most of that market to you.

ChrisN

I would buy them in bulk to upgrade my pens. Assorted colors are fine for trying them out, but a 10+ pack of one color (or individual like you do the EZflow refills now) would be my preference.

Edward Cypher

Most of my pens are all give aways but I think the rainbow color would allow to tap a younger market. I know a lot of young ladies as I have 3 daughters would love a pink or purple pen. Since I am from Colorado I think I could get rid of the Oange ones easily too (Broncos).

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I would buy them in bulk to upgrade my pens. Assorted colors are fine for trying them out, but a 10+ pack of one color (or individual like you do the EZflow refills now) would be my preference.

There is NO doubt we will continue to sell in wholesale quantities for those who want to purchase for themselves to sell in any way they wish!!

Argo13

Most of my pens are all give aways but I think the rainbow color would allow to tap a younger market. I know a lot of young ladies as I have 3 daughters would love a pink or purple pen. Since I am from Colorado I think I could get rid of the Oange ones easily too (Broncos).

I agree. The colors would help with the younger market and I would use them as an upgrade/substitution to increase the personalization of the pen. I would however prefer buying individual colors in 5 packs then rainbow. I could see having a drawer full of brown.

Jason

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
There is NO doubt we will continue to sell in wholesale quantities for those who want to purchase for themselves to sell in any way they wish!!

Great! Another question: how do they write? As nice as a Easy Flow 9000?

I really love the way the 9000 writes, but there are folks who tell me they prefer a gel. There are several versions coming, I expect. Medium, to me writes very well, but not as nice as the 9000. Better than any other Cross ballpoint refill I have ever used.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam

Great! Another question: how do they write? As nice as a Easy Flow 9000?

I really love the way the 9000 writes, but there are folks who tell me they prefer a gel. There are several versions coming, I expect. Medium, to me writes very well, but not as nice as the 9000. Better than any other Cross ballpoint refill I have ever used.
Just for you're edification Ed, my wife always liked a gel (slimline pro) but she found the schmidt cross refill that you sent me in a sample (long ago) in a Concava pen suited her too...so there would be a place for a smooth writing gel in a cross refill.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Only 17 have "voted" in this poll.

Perhaps it is the way I worded it----we would like your input if you buy refills!!!!

I think only those who SELL refills have replied---and we are very interested in their input----but everybody is welcome to participate!!

If you breathe, you are entitled to an opinion and we are interested in your feedback!!

Thanks and sorry if I sounded only interested in those who sell!

Ed McDonnell

More colors in a good quality cross style refill is a good thing, but I would buy different colors in different quantities so a rainbow pack would not interest me.

If packaging for 2 or 6 (same color) refills didn't add to my cost I could see advantages in having it. If packaging added to my cost I would rather do without the packaging and just buy bulk.

Ed

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Keep "voting"!!

With 25 people weighing in, the "yes" and "no" votes are no more than 3 apart.
(2 more yes's or two more no's in any one category). IF this is representative, anything we do will have about 45% or more as an acceptance rate.

Moral of that story: (to me) "Do something---it's better than NOTHING"!!

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Keep "voting"!!

With 25 people weighing in, the "yes" and "no" votes are no more than 3 apart.
(2 more yes's or two more no's in any one category). IF this is representative, anything we do will have about 45% or more as an acceptance rate.

Moral of that story: (to me) "Do something---it's better than NOTHING"!!
I'm not sure that jumping off a tall building in order to do something would, more often than not, be better than doing nothing. :biggrin::RockOn:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well, we have 37 voters now====hardly earthshaking, BUT there are a couple trends developing.

Four more days to add your opinion!!! PLEASE do!!

Thanks,

Ed

glen r

I'm like quite a few others in that I give most of my pens away and find that many people prefer the blue refill vs the black one that comes with the kit. A blue gel would be extremely nice to have in either fine or medium.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks to all!!

As you can all see now, 44 people voted, the only strong finish was still under 50%, but it would be the black two pack.

New products will be announced soon----

Ed & Dawn

Top Bottom