Request Consideration: letter opener

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

I really like ordering from exotic blanks!

Occasionally I find myself asking, what keeps exotics from being the only place I need to order from? The answer is - increasingly less as you guys have added more and more items.

I'm hesitant to request you even consider getting these since I'm not sure how many I'll be needing , but I've ordered 5 in the last week...

Anyway, it's the PSI 30 caliber cartridge letter opener in gun metal. It matches the bolt action perfectly (same drill, same bushings and makes a great gift set.

Also, I really like the weight, shape an quality of the blade.

Anybody else who makes these or would buy them?

Just a thought...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

arkie

I have made a couple each in the letter openers and one each in the magnifiers, thinking gift sets. That may yet happen, but so far only one gun metal opener has sold.

Scruffy

That is kind of interesting. About 5 years ago, I had a contract with a company that made stuff for mailing machines. Mostly for junk mail. But they were always doing studies for other areas they could sell stuff. Like letter openers. Then they had customers who paid bills by sending in payments. Their projection at the time was that as much as 82% of all bills would be paid via automated funds transfers, internet sales and manual funds transfers. So in their opinion they were not going to invest a lot in future support for incoming mail.

Now the fun part, as part of their study two parts.
1. most people don't read incoming mail in the form of letters or advertisements; 50+% (I don't recall this exact number)
2. Of the people that read mail, 80+% are over the age of 25.

In other words, the younger generation gets stuff from email. They don't read mail.

So the need for letter openers will decrease in the future, since people won't read mail.

My own opinion, is that it will take awhile but probably true.
This along with text messages explains why people can't read (or write) cursive.

yaroslaw

Scruffy, I'm 31 and I do not get or send written mails. I do receive postcards, once or twice a year. Just got one from one of our supplier:) But that's all. Conventional post is slow and unreliable. So letter openers have no use our... Wait! I know a use for it in our house! It just needs renaiming!

Pu-ehr tea knife!

Anyone needs explanation on what is it for?

edstreet

That is kind of interesting. About 5 years ago, I had a contract with a company that made stuff for mailing machines. Mostly for junk mail. But they were always doing studies for other areas they could sell stuff. Like letter openers. Then they had customers who paid bills by sending in payments. Their projection at the time was that as much as 82% of all bills would be paid via automated funds transfers, internet sales and manual funds transfers. So in their opinion they were not going to invest a lot in future support for incoming mail.

Now the fun part, as part of their study two parts.
1. most people don't read incoming mail in the form of letters or advertisements; 50+% (I don't recall this exact number)
2. Of the people that read mail, 80+% are over the age of 25.

In other words, the younger generation gets stuff from email. They don't read mail.

So the need for letter openers will decrease in the future, since people won't read mail.

My own opinion, is that it will take awhile but probably true.
This along with text messages explains why people can't read (or write) cursive.

same can be said about pens and pencils.

PR_Princess

Hi Dan!! My apologies for not catching this earlier - been kinda doing double duty this week. Ed is out of town and - and with a dead motherboard to boot.:eek:

I will be more than happy to add in the Bolt action letter opened to the line up at Exotics!

I love when we get suggestions from you guys!!!! That way we can stock what you l and your customers need and like. Much better than me attempting the "shot gun" approach!! :)

Please keep the ideas coming!!!!!

Dan Masshardt

Hi Dan!! My apologies for not catching this earlier - been kinda doing double duty this week. Ed is out of town and - and with a dead motherboard to boot.:eek: I will be more than happy to add in the Bolt action letter opened to the line up at Exotics! I love when we get suggestions from you guys!!!! That way we can stock what you l and your customers need and like. Much better than me attempting the "shot gun" approach!! :) Please keep the ideas coming!!!!!

Wow Don't stock it just for me!

But if you do, go with gun metal :)

edicehouse

Hi Dan!! My apologies for not catching this earlier - been kinda doing double duty this week. Ed is out of town and - and with a dead motherboard to boot.:eek:

I will be more than happy to add in the Bolt action letter opened to the line up at Exotics!

I love when we get suggestions from you guys!!!! That way we can stock what you l and your customers need and like. Much better than me attempting the "shot gun" approach!! :)

So we should order double so you have quadruiple? :biggrin:

InvisibleMan

Please start stocking groceries. I hate the grocery store. Having my fruity pebbles show up i the mail box would be awesome.

edstreet

Please start stocking groceries. I hate the grocery store. Having my fruity pebbles show up i the mail box would be awesome.

Post Fruity Pebbles Cereal (15 oz.) Buy Groceries Online - Grocery Delivery - Mail Order

yaroslaw

Dawn, thanks for worries. I am now without orders, so it would be a tough next month or few (as not much people would have any resources for "luxury" pens), but all my friends and family are OK for now (a bit scared, angry and happy the same time, though). But I hope, more democracy is coming in our society with all this movement.

Top Bottom