Refills for Parker

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I believe I "introduced" the IAP to the Schmidt 9000 refill. Many have agreed with me that this refill will sell pens for you, it writes that smoothly.

HOWEVER, we have also heard others who "swear by" the gel refill. So, we have added over 100 "flavors" of Monteverde refills to try to get closer to "pleasing all the people, all the time". In an effort to educate myself, I have carried a broad gel refill in the sierra twist pen for a week or so.

Conclusion: It writes BEAUTIFULLY----looks like it was written with a fountain pen. And it is VERY smooth.

Concern: Every day or so, I have to take it apart and clean the "ink" off the outside of the nib, otherwise it drops "blobs" as I write. When I do this, the last 3/8" of the nib is covered with ink and (I think) lint from the inside of my pocket. (THE PEN HAS NOT LEAKED, THIS IS MY SHIRT POCKET AND IT WOULD SHOW).

So, I would like input from all of you. How should we "advertise" these refills on Exotics?

Do we clearly state our concerns?
Or is this normal for a gel and all users would expect this as "maintenance"?
Also the ink dries quickly, but I suspect a lefty would smear it, as he writes.
Again----"Normal, don't worry about it" or " You really ought to say that in the description of the refills".

Thanks for your input---I have a lot of "flavors" of refills to try!!

Any others with "characteristics" I should know about???

Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kovalcik

I did not know about the first issue. Being a lefty, a have exerienced the second. I would mention them in some way. If not in the description, then maybe on a FAQ or refill comparison page.

Quality Pen

If you take reviews on your site, I'd probably just advertise it like anything else but let people know you'd really like feedback. Maybe offer them an incentive.

But really, if it's a legit monte verde refill then I would (maybe ignorantly) presume it's quality stuff for what it is. If it was a generic chinese refill then I'd probably want the disclaimer because people associate (I do at least) exotics with quality.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I believe I "introduced" the IAP to the Schmidt 9000 refill. Many have agreed with me that this refill will sell pens for you, it writes that smoothly.

HOWEVER, we have also heard others who "swear by" the gel refill. So, we have added over 100 "flavors" of Monteverde refills to try to get closer to "pleasing all the people, all the time". In an effort to educate myself, I have carried a broad gel refill in the sierra twist pen for a week or so.

Conclusion: It writes BEAUTIFULLY----looks like it was written with a fountain pen. And it is VERY smooth.

Concern: Every day or so, I have to take it apart and clean the "ink" off the outside of the nib, otherwise it drops "blobs" as I write. When I do this, the last 3/8" of the nib is covered with ink and (I think) lint from the inside of my pocket. (THE PEN HAS NOT LEAKED, THIS IS MY SHIRT POCKET AND IT WOULD SHOW).

So, I would like input from all of you. How should we "advertise" these refills on Exotics?

Do we clearly state our concerns?
Or is this normal for a gel and all users would expect this as "maintenance"?
Also the ink dries quickly, but I suspect a lefty would smear it, as he writes.
Again----"Normal, don't worry about it" or " You really ought to say that in the description of the refills".

Thanks for your input---I have a lot of "flavors" of refills to try!!

Any others with "characteristics" I should know about???

Ed
My wife is left-handed and has used the Slimline Pro (gel refill) pen for several years and has not had that problem but ---- that refill does not write as smooth as an EasyFlow 9000

dtswebb

I used to use the Monteverde gel refills exclusively in the pens I used. And I prefer the broad point. Every now and again, I'd hit on a refill that seemed to "weep" some ink and I'd wind up with a similar situation. Maybe one out of 20 or so. I'd try another refill and see if the same "weeping" occurs. If it does, I'd get in touch with Yafa and let them know there is an issue.

The Visconti broad point gel refills I now use exclusively (really like the sepia ink) do the same thing - maybe one out of every dozen or so. I use pipe cleaners to clear the ink off the spring and the nib of the pen. To me, it is not enough of an issue for me to give up the sepia ink.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
New Cross

"Ed, did you mention something about a new cross refill. Or has my memory failed me (not a terribly unusual occurrence.)?

Top Bottom