Reaching the summit--move progress

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The biggest frustration of the move has been time!

Dawn has "filled in" for me in shipping, I have been consumed with moving "stuff"!!! Man, do we have "STUFF". Thirty years in one location creates a vast collection!!

But, the end is near!! Next weekend I expect to move the inventory--the final step in a long process--and we should return to "next day shipping" by the end of that week (prox July 7)

However, this means we will stop shipping orders at the end of this week (at present, we anticipate the last "immediate shipping" to be Thursday's orders--from Friday through the holiday Tuesday we don't expect to be shipping)

So, we apologize for the inconvenience we know this will cause some of you!! The new place is "mapped out" and we will have room for several thousand new products, once we are "in".

And, of course, we will restock the inventory that has been dwindling over the past month. (Would you believe we finalized the building just one month ago--May 26??)

What's new?? Product-wise?? One room is about half full of boxes of products that need to go "up" on Exotics--once we have internet access (we are promised "blinding speed"), the "New arrivals" will be prolific!!

Kind of like starting over--our excitement level is high and the relief of having the move behind us will create an adrenaline rush to re-energize even our "old bones"!!

Thanks for reading---back to moving "stuff"!!

Dawn (PR_Princess) and Ed (Ed4copies)
aka ExoticBlanks.com

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

magpens

Wish it were possible to "help" in some way !!

Thanks for the update . stay well through all this. . Take a day of rest if you need it.

It will all be worthwhile and behind you in a few weeks.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We have had many volunteers to help!!

My concern is we are all "senior" and candidates for heart issues---I don't want to be responsible for anyone having even the slightest injury. While I realize my friends would never blame me, I would blame me!!!

Not willing to take that chance!!

And yes, when I get tired, I rest!!

Grampa said, "Too soon old and too late schmardt". I've already lived longer than gramps, so I hope to keep building on that "schmardt" part!!

Rolandranch

It must be exciting to be nearing the end. Thanks for the update.

P.S. Thanks for shipping my order so quickly!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
This is the room that has become our "New prods that are not yet shown on Exotics" Room. It is visible from our main inventory room, since the "wall" is actually floor to ceiling windows, about 20 feet in length. The building was the mortgage department of a bank, so it's pretty "decked out". We like it more each day!!

Next to this "office" is the room Dawn will be using for the Photography room. In front of this "office" is the large inventory room. So, she will be able to choose products from this collection, take the products to be photo'd, then assign them a bin and put directly into inventory. No more searching for new products, we have room to expand to about fifty percent more products than we have currently.

This means we can fill MORE orders, MORE quickly and MORE accurately!!

There will still be problems with kits, generated by the manufacturer. BUT, we are hoping to eliminate problems of incorrectly filled orders, nearly entirely. (We are human, we know perfection is not possible, but we intend to get as close as possible!!) AND we can expand our offerings of partner products, pen kits and pen blanks!! NEW, and IMPROVED!!:biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• new building-moving.jpg
    new building-moving.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 275

greenacres2

Wow--if 25 pen kits fit in a small flat rate box...I can't imagine how many kits are in the "new products" room alone!! Need to get an order together this week.

Best wishes on a smooth completion!!
earl

jcm71

I was impressed with the speed that my most recent order arrived after I submitted it. You even remembered to include the M&Ms. Bravo Zulu.

Woodchipper

Moving a business is a challenge, to say the least. I worked for an industrial supply company and was in on one internal expansion. That was a challenge. Move merchandise to more storage and shelving, then put it up and put things in order that correspond to the computer setup.
Good luck. Sounds like you are getting organized so things will run smoother in meeting customer orders.

brownsfn2

Glad to see you guys are getting there. I am sure it has been a struggle.

I think I see my box in that room. LOL. :)

Good luck with the rest of it.

greenacres2

In the midst of the move, with merchandise in two locations--I placed an order late yesterday and have an e-mail today with a tracking number for the shipment. Tough to beat that!!
earl

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
In the midst of the move, with merchandise in two locations--I placed an order late yesterday and have an e-mail today with a tracking number for the shipment. Tough to beat that!!
earl

Thanks for noticing!!

We are trying not to "miss a beat", but the end of this week is gonna be tough--so not a good time to brag!!!!

The end is near!!

Ed

stonepecker

Be sure to give us lots of notice in advance when the "open house" party is going to be. Thinking I can help with the "Brat and Burger" stand. I am willing to bet the IAP could raise a lot of money with the "Jeff Brown dunking tank" or should that be Derek's place?
With all that room you should be able to have a "demo" studio for visiting turners. Video tape them and add it to the wonderful "Helping Videos" you already have.

Question? How close is the nearest motel and Waffle House?

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Waffle House?

214 miles in Anderson, Indiana!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

But they are "Easy miles",:eek::eek: right through the heart of Chicago!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
On a GOOD day, 5 hours one way.

D.Oliver

I am willing to bet the IAP could raise a lot of money with the "Jeff Brown dunking tank" or should that be Derek's place?

Yeah, we can dunk Jeff Brown at my place! Or was you suggesting I take Jeff's place in the dunk tank? I can't imagine anyone would want to see me get dunked.........

Top Bottom