Question on El Toro's

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

edstreet

This is something I just noted. The new stock list this:
El Toro Fountain Pen - Chrome $11.50 and

El Toro Fountain Pen - Gunmetal $14.50

From previous history silver plating is a few $ higher than chrome. i.e.

Sedona Fountain Pen - Sterling Silver $16.20

Sedona Fountain Pen - Chrome $12.45

Yet here:
El Toro Fountain Sterling Silver Pen Kit: Arizona Silhouette we see silver plating listed for $11.55.

Does this mean that Berea's silver plating kit is indeed chrome? If they are indeed different than can you tell us what this difference is?

From the Berea's home site for plating there is no listing for 'silver'
Pen Kit Making Supplies Berea HardWoods Yet they do have a listing for chrome.

Typically we see close to the same pricing between vendors but here we have a very striking contrast which throws red flags on the field and I am asking for some clarity on this.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
As you probably realize, the El Toro is a new purchase for ExoticBlanks--added within the last 30 days.

However, the pen has been offered by Arizona Silhouette since Bill owned it. So, I can easily imagine that current pricing at AS is based on prices of several years ago, this is not expected to be a "fast-moving" product, it is instead a product Dawn likes and believes other ladies will like, since it fits her hand well.

Berea has been selling pen kits for over two decades. They have a captive manufacturer in Taiwan, who has been their source for all that time. Recently we learned that Taiwanese source was, indeed, the founder of the pen kit making business, in conjunction with Craft Supply UK. So, when they sell us a product, we are comfortable representing that product.

You are not the first to question "Sterling Silver". As I have said before, I am NOT a jeweler and I have no intention of trying to become one. Don't like the description--don't buy that plating. It is brighter than chrome, clear difference when placed side-to-side. Sells well as a "better" pen. Those who use it will, most probably price their pens as premium.

You can choose NOT to use it, if you prefer. The world will not care.

FWIW,
Ed

If you want more information on Berea or Arizona Silhouette, contact them, it is not my place to speak for them!!

edstreet

I understand the history of the product and many more aspects, all of which is not the subject of what I was asking about. What I am asking about is the difference in 'sterling silver' vs 'chrome'. Also there is no need to get defensive over a question that has been ask numerous times by numerous people. Isn't it well past time that the answer be known?

From this if you do not know the answer to the question could you ask Berea the question and tell us, the community, what the truth is?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ed, you are the master of asking questions, I suggest YOU ask them. Since you are not fond of this answer, go find one you like better. Or, I can wait until tomorrow when your position could change 180 degrees and you will insist it is the same.

You say you have spoken with Dayacom, the president of JoWo and all sorts of other "experts". If I "report back", I thoroughly expect you will not be satisfied--you rarely are. So, lest I "monger fear", I will refrain from getting further involved.

Exotics is selling that pen in chrome and gunmetal----buy it if you like, or don't.

It truly makes no difference to me.

I don't have any interest in engaging in your games, I have far better things to do with my time.

Case closed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom