Privacy vs Phone number

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
When placing an order on Exotic Blanks, some information is REQUIRED: Address, email. Other information can be "faked": Name and some information is requested, not required: phone number.

IF your order does not complete because of a credit card problem, (inverted numbers are common) or some other quirk---we would like to contact you to help finalize the order.

However, if there is no phone number, I am limited to sending an email. We know "exotic" can trigger spam filters. So, your order will never be filled.

I have filled orders to Mike M, Joe Z and they have arrived to their destinations---if you don't want us to have your name--no sweat!!

It does frustrate me to see someone has placed an order and will expect it to be delivered (even though the software has indicated the order "failed") and we have no way to contact them except email.

If we have your phone number, we can be far more helpful---and I do NOT just phone people to pass the time:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Help us help you, please!!!

Ed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

NOPE........Ed is a busy man.
Now the rest of us have all kinds of time on our hands and we love to hear the sound of Ed's voice. So we call him for a short/fast question and it turns into history lesson that you won't forget.
This man is a foutain of knowledge that you never want to turn off. I learn something everytime I call him. Sometimes several times a day. He will help you to the Nth degree and beyond. There are many members here that are just as helpfull. There isn't that many that have the reputation of Ed.

randyrls

Nop; I don't like to give out my phone number either, as I start getting calls to sell their "services".

Ed; I know you would not do this, so no problem.

workinforwood

Most websites I buy from require a phone number. Not sure if you enter a fake number it would reject it, I can't see how it would know. But I do enter the correct phone number because if I mess up or something happens then I want to know. I understand the feeling that you don't want your number to be sold to a telemarketing firm. Honestly though I think those days are mostly over. I rarely get unsolicited calls and my number is filed at many many businesses.

Top Bottom