This is pretty unfortunate for me

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

Lost my trailer. It is around -30 degrees, 5th wheel very stiff with frozen Grease, I pinned it several times and failed, then finally got it pinned, it passed a good tug test and visually looked locked in place. Turned corner and trailer got away. The jaws on the truck were still locked closed. No idea what happened or what happens next...just gotta roll with it I guess. There is certainly nothing I would have done differently.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    281.6 KB · Views: 430
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Edgar

New Member Advocate
Staff member
Oh man! Sorry to hear about that Jeff.
That had to be a sickening feeling.
I'm really curious to hear what happened, if anyone ever figures it out. That is really strange.

magpens

Oh, Jeff !! I am so sorry to hear about this most unfortunate event. I am trying to imagine how awful you must feel about this. I hope insurance provides some consolation.

Last edited:

workinforwood

It sucks big time. I won't know for days the consequences. But there's nothing I would have done different. I know I did my job right, and I have been doing this over 20 yrs. the issue was the weather, it is so cold the grease is frozen and not allowing the jaws to lock properly, simple as that.

mark james

IAP Collection, Curator
Not a good picture!

It's hard to imagine the feeling you had when that happened! The last 2 winter's have been brutal for us in the great lakes!

Glad you are OK! All else is of less worry.

PR_Princess

Jeff, I am just glad that you are OK!!!! Every time I look at that photo ...well, I cant imagine how scary that must have been.

BTW Its just crazy having to drive in -20 F..... I hope you get Ice Road Trucker Hazard pay at those temps!

Top Bottom