Peppermills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Since there was interest in a group buy for peppermills, I decided to attempt to allow those who want to try making mills to purchase one of the best, at a lower cost per unit.

The peppermill that I have chosen is the one I used when we did shows. It is made in the USA for a company called Chef Specialty. Years ago (around 2000) there was a contest in France for restaurant peppermills. Chef Specialty was the winner. I contacted them and bought their mechanisms and have been doing so, ever since.

It is a stainless steel grinder. I have one I use every night that is about 15 years old. Still works perfectly.

The shaft can be cut and re-peened (PDF instructions are on the page) to fit any size mill you create.

Link:
Exotic Blanks :: Other Project Kits & Blanks :: Pepper & Salt Mills :: Professional Stainless Steel Peppermill Kit - 10 in

So, I have instituted a quantity discount at 7 pieces, which will allow you to purchase the kit for $9.95. Here is your opportunity to make mills.

The picture on the front of the 10 page illustrated instructions will show you the laminated mills I made. I sold them for $10 an inch---10 inch mill was $100. Because they were "glued up" exotic woods, the cost of the wood was less than purchasing 12/4 stock, and the multi-color effect brought lots of attention to the booth.

Give it a try!!

Ed

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gimpy

Here are a few I have made made using the same components in which Ed is speaking of.....They last for ever and are of top notch material:

Attachments

• Gearhart_111913_0166.jpg
    Gearhart_111913_0166.jpg
    130.9 KB · Views: 171

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Ed does the salt mill count towards the quantity discount?

Bruce

Not at present, Bruce.

If there is interest in this, I will create a "group" and go through the programming that is required for the discounts we give on pen kits.

Right now, I did a "quick and dirty"---just added one more price category to one peppermill to see how many would really take advantage. So far, only two. But I will give it a month, then see!!

Thanks for your interest!!!

Ed

Top Bottom