"original" abalone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PR_Princess

Here is a bit of IAP trivia for those interested (as some people's memory is apparently not so great). Cast abalone blanks have been made and sold on Exotics since its birth in late 2008.

Here is a link showing of the one of the first pens ever made with a cast veneer abalone/mop blank. (My pen was also on display at the 2008 DC Supershow).

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f13/mop-emperor-66341/

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Actually, I used the word "original" only as a comparative to the post from Roy announcing his NEW source. Didn't mean to start a firestorm, but yes, Dawn did "invent" the process of taking paua strips, gluing them to the tube and casting.

She is also AMAZED at the precision that Ron shows in his blanks. Knowing and having performed the procedure, we can appreciate the amount of work involved.

With reference to pricing, Dawn and I discuss pricing with all our "artist-partners". We hope to assist them in finding a fair price that will reward them for their work, while still understanding that the "finished pen" has to provide a profit for the maker of the pen. Time and demand dictate any changes to this formula.

Hope this provides some clarity to my "claim", which was meant to encourage you to compare products and make your own selection.

Sorry about any bruised tootsies!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom