NEW this week!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well, actually it has been a couple weeks, but Dawn has added a few new "customer convenience" features.

She is very happy about offering "Payment by Amazon"!! Yes, you can click once and check out through your Amazon account. VERY simple, and, according to our "internet savvy friends"---THAT IS HUGE!!!

More software (similar to Amazon) is installed to give you "add on ideas", when you purchase. These suggestions are NOT picked by us, the software actually analyzes what has been prior purchasing patterns and gives you suggestions based on others' actual purchases.

Speaking of teaching software, we also have a new "search" function (in ADDITION to the one we have had---click on the mag glass and you go back to our "established search"). The new one will give you suggestions, based on the letters you have typed. We are told the suggestions get better as more people use this function--so go train the dumb software, OK???

Have you TRIED to order Cactus Juice???
If so, how come you didn't tell us it doesn't WORK?!?!?!?!?

Thanks to Mike for reporting this problem!! Dawn spent about five hours today going down blind alleys for a solution----however, she did succeed!!!
So, COME GET JUICED!!!! And PLEASE tell us if a product does NOT work!!!
Get JUICED here!!

What about PRODUCTS???

Yes, there have been a few!!!

Crabcreekind has restocked again!! James' blanks cover the spectrum of colors!! And, you have the added motivation of helping a young man pay for college!! RainBurl and pine cone "call blanks" have both been selling very well!!
Exotic Blanks :: Guest Artist's Blanks :: Crab Creek Industries

Pinecones?? Acorns?? Cherry pits (now you guessed)!! And for a couple days, Hibiscus petals (sold out, waiting for more).
Eric (Buzzz4) is enjoying a little decent weather and celebrating with "blank making"! We hope to see more of the Hibiscus soon. Meanwhile grab a few acorns, pinecones and even a little antler!!!
Exotic Blanks :: Guest Artist's Blanks :: Eric's Artistic Embeds

Shue enough!!! Mike (Russianwolf) got busy and sent some new blanks, too!!
Exotic Blanks :: Guest Artist's Blanks :: Mike's Opal FX & Dicho :: Particle FX
Although some colors have sold out right away, there is still a nice selection for you to make pens for your "flaky friends"!!
Or, you can select from Mike's Opals--again a good selection can be found here: Exotic Blanks :: Guest Artist's Blanks :: Mike's Opal FX & Dicho :: Opal FX Blanks!

And, although I mentioned this before, Brownsfn2 (Ron) has restocked!! So there is a nice selection of "Ladies' favorites"---abalone, paua and other beautiful shell blanks. If you are looking for a "high-end" pen to display at shows, put these blanks on Triton and mark it $295. Even if it does not sell, immediately, it will help you sell your atrax pens in the $125-$195 arena!! Worked for me---it can work for you!!
http://www.exoticblanks.com/Ron-s-Paua-Shell-Blanks/

That covers the topics I remember!! Will stop back tomorrow and see what else Dawn thinks I should have mentioned!!

Thanks for reading and thank you for purchasing from our talented group of penmaking partners!!!

Ed & Dawn

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
As I suspected, Dawn has MORE!!!

Again, ala Amazon, she will be fleshing out the "buy together" program. Although I knew of the software, I had not seen it in action on Exotics---my attention has been called to this page:

Exotic Blanks :: Kallenshaan Woods Laser Kits :: Irish (St. Paddy's Day) Inlay Kit

As you can see, you get a DISCOUNT for purchasing the pen inlay and the box together. This will be continued and, at some point, you will be able to make a pen "just like the one pictured" by purchasing the pieces all together.

It WILL be cool, but this is not an automatic software piece---it needs human input!!!

Comments on all of these add-ons are welcome!!!

I am especially interested in how YOU would prioritize them---what is the "coolest" thing you, as a customer want to see expanded???

1080Wayne

Personally , I find sites which use the `other customers also purchased`suggestions extremely annoying . I know what I want , I will look for what I want , and I care not the slightest what you or anyone else has bought . I will either lead or follow the herd as I choose . Your input is unnecessary .

I also find the predictive typing annoying . If it helps me enter a very long web address it can be helpful , but for the short terms usually used in search it is more of a distraction .

Of course , I make these comments only because I am older and wiser than you . But , you did ask !!

Top Bottom