NEW products!! Just like we planned (yeah, right)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Well we DID plan these new kits---ordered months ago, planned arrival--September, so we could announce them for the "Fall show season".

Well, as I have grown accustomed to, there were a few delays. IN FACT, half the orders are still not here--but a couple DID arrive, so we are going to introduce the kits and then, later, more will arrive.

First on the intro list is the "ZAP cap"!!!

Magnetic cap, long line pen with a "zap" design on the clip. Uses a blank that is just under 3.4" long, so you can pick a nice burl or resin and have a great looking rollerball with the ease of the magnetic cap design.

Currently, we have chrome or chrome (never guess what did not arrive)

Exotic Blanks :: Pen Kits :: Pen Kits (By Kit Name) :: Zap Cap Magnetic Pen Kits :: Zap Cap Rollerball Pen Kit - Chrome

I think you will like the kit and the introductory pricing. We don't have a truckload of these (YET), so order now if you want to "give them a go"!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

Well we DID plan these new kits---ordered months ago, planned arrival--September, so we could announce them for the "Fall show season". Well, as I have grown accustomed to, there were a few delays. IN FACT, half the orders are still not here--but a couple DID arrive, so we are going to introduce the kits and then, later, more will arrive. First on the intro list is the "ZAP cap"!!! Magnetic cap, long line pen with a "zap" design on the clip. Uses a blank that is just under 3.4" long, so you can pick a nice burl or resin and have a great looking rollerball with the ease of the magnetic cap design. Currently, we have chrome or chrome (never guess what did not arrive) Exotic Blanks :: Pen Kits :: Pen Kits (By Kit Name) :: Zap Cap Magnetic Pen Kits :: Zap Cap Rollerball Pen Kit - Chrome I think you will like the kit and the introductory pricing. We don't have a truckload of these (YET), so order now if you want to "give them a go"!!

Cool

So, since these are so much like the zen kit - only less expensive ;-) do they take the same tube and bushings or are they different?

Dan Masshardt

It will be interesting to see if in experimentation, the caps are the same besides the clip Marketing - offer a choice to the customer? Might be unwise but a thought that crossed my mind

I don't mean you obviously but for us selling at craft shows etc Like that cap better? Switch Maybe

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Dan!!

If I was still doing shows, you bet your last dollar I would have both on the table. You can either make more profit with the ZapCap, OR you can sell it a couple bucks cheaper and create two price points!! Either way you are encouraging what we (salespros) call a "yes or yes" close. One of my ABSOLUTE favorites, since it has NO hint of pressure, just "Which do YOU like better?" "What color did you like best"?

Sold.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I think, if you play on the "ZapCap" name and the clip design, you may be able to find interest among younger "show goers". I am not thinking of school age, but early career. Most jobs now are deskbound, so a "cool writing tool" with a ZapCap would really stick out among your co-workers, wouldn't it???

Turning only one barrel, chrome is very durable---seems well suited, to me!!

JohnU

I like it Ed! Zens have always been a very popular and requested pen in my little corner of the pen selling world, and chrome has been a durable and affordable pen finish for my lower and middle class spenders. Of course most of my pens are now donations so or gifts so the price works well for me too! Again.... I like it, and that squiggly clip may be a nice little attention getter.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Curious…what is the supplied refill type/brand?

That is a GOOD question, Steve!! To be honest, I did not consider that when ordering.

The supplied refill is unbranded and unknown!! So, add to your comments that you want 888 refills and I will supply them at no additional cost, for the number of ZapCap kits you have ordered.

If you want 5888's, they are listed as an upgrade.

Thanks----just think how many more weeks we could have delayed if I had "been on the ball"!!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ed

This should be considered part of the "introductory"!! When we set final pricing, I will probably include the 888--it certainly IS a valid point!! THANKS Steve!!

Last edited:

Ed McDonnell

So, do you have any other new kits that are going to be offered in the near future. I'd like to pick up a couple of your Zaps, but if you are going to be introducing some additional new kits, I would wait so I could get everything in one order. If it's just different platings you are waiting for, I wouldn't bother waiting.

Ed

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Yes, Ed, we have another new "model" coming---The "Zodiac" (and Zodiac stylus) will be announced as soon as we can get all the pictures, text, etc. (No later than Saturday night---hopefully later today)

Notice our "instruction rack" had room at the bottom---so all the new kits will start with "Z"!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom