New Opals, new camera, new look?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Dawn is testing her photography skills!! Santa brought her a new camera that, coupled with all the reading she has done about it, has taken her to new heights in photography!!

Then, Mike sent his opals:eek::eek::eek:

These have always been a huge photography challenge. But I think this time the pics are much better than ever before!!

Take a look HERE!! http://www.exoticblanks.com/Opal-FX-Blanks/

Comments welcome (remember Dawn puts the freebees in---he who is critical could be "freebee-less!":frown::frown::frown:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

08K.80

Probably a stupid question..... is that separation between the material and the resin? Bubbles?

Thanks!

JohnU

Probably a stupid question..... is that separation between the material and the resin? Bubbles?

Thanks!

I could be wrong but I think that's just the surface of the material cast under the resin which allows the surface to be viewed at different angles and puts off different colors. This stuff is a real eye catcher and changes color as you move it around in the light. I've turned a few and can say they are very hard to photograph and look even better in person. (Nothing bad meant towards the photographer.) :)

Last edited:

08K.80

I was looking at #5 and #6. Along the sides it looks like separation. It's probably just me...:redface:

08K.80

Thanks!

I could be wrong but I think that's just the surface of the material cast under the resin which allows the surface to be viewed at different angles and puts off different colors. This stuff is a real eye catcher and changes color as you move it around in the light. I've turned a few and can say they are very hard to photograph and look even better in person. (Nothing bad meant towards the photographer.) :)

You're probably right, John. It's hard to tell in pictures.

I really like this material. I have been using it for quite a while on other projects. :wink:
I bet it looks great in person wrapped around a tube. I never considered using it for this before I seen Mike's blanks.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
John's explanation is "spot-on"! Turn the blank a little and that effect changes.

Although these have been very hard to photo, the "downside" of getting photos that show all those variations in color are also going to show "flaws that are not there" due to the lighting.

We allow you to return any blank if you don't like it---as long as it has not been turned. So, look before you cut!!!

Top Bottom