More STUFF!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
THANK YOU ALL for the marvelous Christmas season!!! There has been a bit of a lull in January, but we realize you can't shop when several shelves are EMPTY!! SO, we just finished restocking the BereaAA acrylic!! Just a few under 500 blanks--I think all the styles are back in stock!!!

Exotic Blanks :: Pen Blanks :: Berea Acrylic Acetate (AA)

You may have noticed in January, we were pleased to welcome James Daschel (Crab Creek Industries) to Exotics!! We are always enthusiastic about assisting a young man who hopes to earn "college money"! Please take a few minutes to browse and try a couple of James' blanks---I think you will be VERY happy you did!!
Exotic Blanks :: Guest Artist's Blanks :: Crab Creek Industries

Also, if you have been watching "newest arrivals" (over a thousand people do each DAY), you noticed that Mike (Russianwolf) has sent us some more of his "Fire Opal" blanks!!! You can see the complete remaining selection here: Exotic Blanks :: Guest Artist's Blanks :: Mike's Opal FX & Dicho :: Opal FX Blanks!

Mike has also introduced a NEW product, designed to test Dawn's new camera!!! He calls it "particle FX"--a "sparkling" pen will result!!
Exotic Blanks :: Guest Artist's Blanks :: Mike's Opal FX & Dicho :: Particle FX

It's been a while since I mentioned anything here on IAP (a little more on FaceBook, but generally recovering from December), so I should also point out the many new designs from MasterScroller--you can see them all, here: Exotic Blanks :: Guest Artist's Blanks :: MasterScroller Artworks :: Rotacrylic Blanks

Enhancing your selection of wood/resin mix blanks is Wayne Ryan's mostly Texas woods, with striking resin color mixes!! Wayne is continuously sending us inventory as you pick your favorites and take them to YOUR shop!! Look at his page often to keep up to the most current (or join the others watching the "newest arrivals") Wayne's full selection is on display here:Exotic Blanks :: Guest Artist's Blanks :: Reincarnated Wood by Wayne

Another artist who has joined Exotics in the past few months is Ron (Brownsfn)!! Although we are eagerly awaiting his next shipment (he sells faster than he can make!!), there are still a few gorgeous blanks on his page here: Exotic Blanks :: Guest Artist's Blanks :: Ron's Paua Abalone Shell Blanks

Just the entry picture makes it clear that Ron's blanks produce pens that are truly "special"---and could command top dollar, if you choose to sell your pens.

Finally, remember to put a little Maj'K in your penmaking!!! EdD (edicehouse) has added two color blanks at the same very reasonable pricing as his single colors!!! Jump in and take home a few of Ed's blanks!! Exotic Blanks :: Guest Artist's Blanks :: MAJ'K Color Shifting Blanks!

So, that's what is happening at ExoticBlanks.com!! Dawn is learning more about photography every day---we have converted part of the office to a fairly sophisticated lighted studio---we hope this will give you a better idea of the fantastic quality that our partners produce!!

Pour yourself a glass of refreshment and pull up a chair in front of a large screen----wander around Exotics and be amazed at the selection---5000 different products!!!

I had a call this week where the customer had never heard of us and was unhappy about the shipping cost to Canada. As we talked, I certainly understood his frustration but tried to explain we don't make a cent on shipping. He countered, telling me ALL BIG COMPANIES have contracts and I could'nt BS HIM!!! I agreed completely and told him that UPS was not yet interested in our two-person company. His whole attitude changed as he said---WHO are these TWO people?? I replied Dawn and I. He was temporarily speechless----when he did speak he was lavish in his praise of the website. "I assumed you were a BIG CORPORATE ENTITY"!

Let me assure you all, it is still me and Dawn---12 hours a day, 7 days a week---we truly ENJOY this, and are flattered when people can't believe our results!!

Never too busy to take a phone call---but always trying to improve!!!

Every sale is a step closer to the "full line"!! Thanks for helping us build!!

Dawn & Ed
PR_Princess
ed4copies
www.ExoticBlanks.com ------born on the IAP!!

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dan Masshardt

Full line huh? Nice goal - seriously. Btw, any plan to carry the jr gent 2 in chrome that csusa is now selling.

And the fusion razor kit!!

I appreciate your work - both of you. I'd be happy if you'd take a sabbath though (day off!!).

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Many years ago, in Chicago there was an ad that always stuck with me. They said,
"We're the BIG bank, with a LITTLE bank inside!"

That is what I want to be when we grow up!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Oh, and another thing. I noticed that you and Dawn are working HALF-days. I used to do that. I got older and tired-er...don't do that any more!

Couldn't agree MORE, Steve!!! I am trying to dream more about Exotics---but my mind has this problem----when I think EXOTIC, it ain't about PENS!!:eek::eek::eek:

Ambidex

Oh, and another thing. I noticed that you and Dawn are working HALF-days. I used to do that. I got older and tired-er...don't do that any more!

Couldn't agree MORE, Steve!!! I am trying to dream more about Exotics---but my mind has this problem----when I think EXOTIC, it ain't about PENS!!:eek::eek::eek:

I work at a small usps branch as a carrier and everytime the lady that delivers my mail has a package for me from you she hollers across the office "hey George, you got some more toys from eroticblanks":biggrin::biggrin:...small office and we all get along well obviously:wink:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager

I work at a small usps branch as a carrier and everytime the lady that delivers my mail has a package for me from you she hollers across the office "hey George, you got some more toys from eroticblanks":biggrin::biggrin:...small office and we all get along well obviously:wink:

Hey George!!

Did you know that if you type in "www.eroticblanks.com" it will take you to Exotics??? Several years ago we thought that would be fun---Dawn has "re-upped" the url each year, so it remains redirected to Exotics!!

May help you with a witty "comeback"~!!

Ed & Dawn

SteveG

Erotic...?

The "between the lines" back story here, is that Ed n Dawn had not yet decided on what line of products to offer!:biggrin: ...you can't fool us. Is that 'other' option still a viable option. You never know where these things are likely to lead.:eek:

edstreet

Domain Name: EROTICBLANKS.COM
Updated Date: 07-sep-2012
Creation Date: 10-nov-2008
Expiration Date: 10-nov-2014
Registrant Name: Dawn Kizer

This is actually a very common practice among companies.

Some other similar ones ...

Domain Name: WOODCRAP.COM
Name Server: NS2.WOODCRAFT.COM
Name Server: NS4.WOODCRAFT.COM
Updated Date: 24-jul-2012
Creation Date: 31-aug-2011
Expiration Date: 31-aug-2015

Other entries include the white house and a good range of companies.

Parody is a usage of a mark that pokes fun at the mark and does not confuse the public as to the source of the usage. In determining whether there is infringement the court balances the public interest in free expression against the public interest in avoiding consumer confusion. "A parody must convey two simultaneous--and contradictory messages; that it is the original, but also that it is not the original and is instead a parody. To the extent that it does only the former but not the latter, it is not only a poor parody but also vulnerable under trademark law, since the consumer will be confused." From Cliffs NOtes, Inc. v. Bantam Doubleday Dell Publishing Group, 886 F. 2d 490 (2d Cir. 1989)

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
In itself that is funny!! The comment that motivated her to get the "erotic" name was made before ExoticBlanks was selling anything!! Our first sales were in December 2008!!

edicehouse

Dawn is going to yell at me when she gets the box. It is in shambles. I was going to sort it out, but wife brought it to the post office. It has PR and Alumilite....

Top Bottom