Looking ahead at 2014

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

Still hard at work! This year has been a great success, huge thank you to all those supporting my business! I am continuing to expand inventory options, for example about a week ago I sent Dawn about half a dozen new designs you are sure to be seeing in the near future. I am currently also working on several new designs which will be available early into the new year.

I took a small break for a few days last week. I haven't made any actual pens in awhile, and decided to relax and build this pen. It is just a simple cigar, they are mostly all I make for myself as I prefer pens that are simple, perfect for every day use and abuse throughout the course of life. All blanks are subjective to taste...well for me I just had to have a jellyfish pen. My personal opinion is it is the most beautiful pen blank I have ever produced. The design work is incredible and the color choices in the rod couldn't be more stunning.

and then there's the future...looking forward into next year, what says future more than a Robot??? This is your sneak peak into what is still to come! He is so cute, I just had to make myself one too! The rod colors are so perfect, a jet black with wisps of silver and pearl white. The robot itself is metallic gold. As always, rotacrylics do come with 2 rods so that you can have a matching bottom for your pen. Me..well uh...:rolleyes: oops!!! Glued wrong tube in bottom, tried to fix it, broke it, cursed a few times as all my spare rods in this color are inventory spoken for...fumbled around, found a piece of brass, dug through a million spare parts in a box and finished my pen :)

So...once again, I thank you for your loyalty and support! I hope everyone had an excellent Thanksgiving! I will be in Mexico the entire week for Christmas and New Years, so I also extend my best wishes to you and yours during those times, God bless and don't call me!! :biggrin:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    335.9 KB · Views: 178

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
For those of you who may not know (newer members), Jeff is MasterScroller, his blanks are available at Exotics, his page starts here:
Exotic Blanks :: Guest Artist's Blanks :: MasterScroller Artworks

Jeff has "invented" the rotacrylic line of blanks, along with his other products. The rotacrylics are truly unique----they allow any pen maker to create a "scroll sawn look", in a cast acrylic blank. I have done a video, showing turning the rotacrylic, you can view that here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUJOzNvPW-4

And you can see the WIDE SELECTION (nearly 200 choices) of these blanks on these pages: (Four pages, 48 on each of three of them)
Exotic Blanks :: Guest Artist's Blanks :: MasterScroller Artworks :: Rotacrylic Blanks

Helping Jeff to sell his products and watching him develop even MORE products is truly a pleasure.

Try a couple, after watching the video---as long as you drill straight, you WILL get a GREAT pen!!

Happy vacation, Jeff!!!

thewishman

Hey Jeff, your jellyfish looks great! The tentacles are so thin and wispy - almost ethereal. The robot is very nice, too.

I'm with you on the jellyfish, it is extra special.:)

Top Bottom