Junior Abraham

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
was mentioned in another thread.

The Jr. Abraham is built on the same body as the Junior Emperor--same bushings. It is a similar, though somewhat less "blingy" pen design.

You can see the different configurations we offer here:
Exotic Blanks :: Pen Kits :: Pen Kits (By Pen Kit Name) :: Jr. Abraham Pen Kits

The fountain pens are out of stock. Because of the size of our order with Dayacom, we do not know how long it will take to produce and ship. They will be baaaacccckkkkk!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TurtleTom

I think you may have a good part of the market cornered with you nib upgrade feature. I'll wait till you get some more in. Any estimates on time, say, within a month?

TurtleTom

Ed, could you explain a little on these converters (say, Schmidt Push In Style for Fountain Pens) and how you use them. Can I use one on a Churchill or a Cambridge I haven't built yet? How do you get the right nib and holder is what puzzles me.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I can only speak from my experience, Tom. The converter is simply a device to draw ink from an ink bottle into a fountain pen. The Schmidt converters should fit handmade "kit" component nib sections.

Recently, I have heard or read that the converter is not fitting. However, there are hundreds of each of the kits sold and I read one person says it doesn't fit. My inclination is to doubt his method, rather than think that ONE pen in the thousands made will not allow the converter to fit.

The concept of pulling ink into the converter requires a connection that will not leak. So, it should come as no surprise that the junction has to be a tight fit. When I encounter one that seems difficult, I twist slightly, as I push, until I feel the converter "seat".

As to the Churchill and Cambridge, I have been putting converters into the Churchill for over a decade. I like the larger nib and the pen is light in comparison with other large pens. I have never had a problem with a converter.

Talking with several customers who do shows, I am told there is great interest in fountain pens in the past two years. There are dozens of good YouTubes that will teach the fine points of "fountain pen anatomy". I know a little, but far less than the sites I studied a decade ago. Most notable at the time was "nibs.com". That site has been completely redone, but the basic info was there, last time I looked. I read a 20 page paper, then continued to other nib sites. The information is out there, regarding fountain pen "tuning" as well as calligraphy, inks and any other aspect of fountain pens.

I am happy to share what I know, but I am NOT an expert on fountain pens. Unlike some others, I am also happy to tell you when I DON'T know an answer!! I won't try to BS my way through it.

Last edited:

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I think you may have a good part of the market cornered with you nib upgrade feature. I'll wait till you get some more in. Any estimates on time, say, within a month?

On one recent shipment, for several different styles, they quoted us 45 days. Actual time was closer to 75 days. So, I hate to repeat what they tell us, since I am skeptical.

NONE of the manufacturers understand a calendar. EVERY ONE has screwed up on delivery time, at least once. To them, it is no big deal (of course, they are paid in advance). I don't like it, but I realize I can't do anything about it- we are VERY SMALL fish!!

TurtleTom

I'm not making myself very clear, as usual. What else besides the converter do I need to buy, given that I have a rollerball pen kit or do I need to buy the kit for the fountain pen?
I'm just wanting to go the quickest route.

jsolie

If I'm reading your post correctly, you're going to need the feed, feed housing, and metal section to hold these pieces together. The converter mates up to the tail end of the feed housing with a fairly tight fit (see Ed's post). The section will (hopefully) screw into the pen body where the rollerball section is.

I say hopefully since the component set manufacturers made some changes to the threading a couple of years ago (right about the time I got into capped pens) and it's been interesting seeing what will now fit.

There's the spring in the end cap finial that keeps tension on the rollerball insert. This spring might interfere with the converter, so your options here are to remove the spring (and good luck getting it back in), or using cartridges which are a whole lot shorter than a converter. This might or might not be an issue on the Abraham...it kind of depends on how long the pen body is and how long the converter is.

Oh, and you're gonna need a nib, too.

Hope this helps!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I AM allowed to link to Exotics, from threads here in our forum. So, I will use that ability to try to make this clear.

This is a front section (also can be called a nib): Exotic Blanks :: Nibs, Bushings, Bits, Tubes & Parts :: Fountain Pen Nib Sections & Nibs

To convert a rollerball to a fountain pen, just unscrew the rollerball nib and screw in this section.
WAIT A MINUTE!!!
THE THREADS DON'T MESH!!!

Oh, that's right, there is no guarantee that any threads will match!!

So, if you start with a pen from ExoticBlanks, we have approached this problem and offer a couple "families" of pens that are compatible with each other. The Baron, Sedona, Virage, Rinehart, Atrax and Triton will all use the front end shown.

We are now working on another "family" that will be announced next year.

I hope this sheds some light on the subject, PLEASE ask if you have additional questions!! Sorry it took so long to respond--been shipping and had several really good phone conversations today!! It was a GREAT day!!!!

Ed

Top Bottom