I have a secret....shhhh!!!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

When i was showing my wife my petunia blanks she was on and on about how daisies are better and that's what I really need. And of course she has to be all complicated, with green stems and white petals and a gold center. I was like geeez, way to complicated and nobody even cares about daisies anyhow. Let me worry about what people need. :biggrin:

Well, a daisy is complicated for sure, but certainly not a task I can't manage. Her birthday is in 3 weeks, so I have been secretly making some daisy blanks and I made one into a pen just for her that I have stashed away in a drawer in the shop. :highfive:

This pen is a super dark blue (not black), with pink and a deep green. I used a similar but slightly lighter green for the leaves, gold center and pearl white petals. It required double casting to keep the color separations. I really like how the green leaves almost blend in to the dark green background but are still completely visible. It's a very cool effect. I also really like the Chrome/Satin combo on this cigar kit I got from Exotics.

Attachments

• P3032211.JPG
    P3032211.JPG
    119.7 KB · Views: 342
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Charlie_W

Should be a winner for sure! You probably won't see much of it after she gets it!

I especially like your shape on the blanks and that you have the top of the lower blank meet the bead properly. I see so many that are just turned to the bushing size
and are too large with a square edge there....Well done.

magpens

Super nice, Jeff !!! You sure have your rotacrylic process down to a mighty fine art !!! Lotsa new ones on EB lately too :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom