High end pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

edstreet

This is the pen kits group shot for the high end kits. I have yet to see any other photo's showing all of the pen kits together like this.

attachment.php

Future options are perhaps get the other kits that are compatible with the gent class and group shot them, then do the baron class, then do the Sierra class.

Attachments

• IMG_5811.jpg
    IMG_5811.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 2,482
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

edstreet

Is the majestic jr the same bushings or just the same tubes as the others?

Same sized bushings and tube sizes. The biggest difference would be that of the screw threads in the black plastic cap insert.

However the Nouveau sceptre upper tube is *LONGER* but the gent series tube will fit just fine.

Last edited:

Dan Masshardt

Hmm. I'm pretty sure I have some jr majestic bushings from johnnycnc that were sold separate from the jr gent bushings. I'll have to look and compare. Maybe there are full size majestic.

I like when there's lots of crossover. I hope Ed does a video about this sometime. There are still lots of people unaware.

08K.80

Nice display. You should have included the nib ends. They differ in appearance as well, don't they?

Dan Masshardt

I do have all the bushing sets from JohnyCNC, Gent jr, Emperor Jr, Majestic Jr, Imperial, etc.

If the bushings are the same he usually notes that on the site?

Since there are jr gent and jr majestic bushings, maybe they are slightly different?

I've never made a majestic so I have no personal experience with them.

edstreet

The lower tube on the gent is 1/64" smaller on one end than the majestic, emperors and others.

FYI. a tube made for a gent will fit on the others with 0 problems.

edstreet

I do not know about others but I find myself on the 'high end kits' page @ exotics more often than not and one of the key reasons that this came about was I am constantly struggling with the never ending question of "what kit to put on this blank" and similar such questions.

I felt that having a good visual layout to show options available is far superior from the marketing standpoint to design. I can show this image to someone who wants a pen and say "which trim do you like?" The biggest sad reality is I do not have all plating options listed for each in the photo. That truly would be unfathomable epicness. But also very costly to.

I have often thought about doing group shots of just one or 2 lines and showing all plating options. For some, i.e. the Emperor line that would be 2 kits but still more pricy than the entire gent line.

attachment.php

As for the nib sections I know there are some differences between the Nouveau Sceptre and the emperor's but I think for the most part the rollerball nibs are the same.

One other thing missing is the clips itself on the right side kits. After doing a group shot of that I realized that was likely not needed.
attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5812.jpg
    IMG_5812.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 1,530
  • IMG_5775.jpg
    IMG_5775.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 1,421

Russianwolf

What... No Lotus?????

Great pics as always.

Yes, the Triton tubes match the Jr. Gent except in length.

Jr. Gent
Jr. Statesman
Jr. Emperor
Triton
Panache
Stretch (no cap tube)
Scepter

and probably a couple others that I'm not thinking of right now all have the same diameter tubes, but the lengths can vary and the bushing diameters may vary.

The Jr. Emperor lower bushings are the same, but the Jr. Gent/Statesman lower bushings are two different sizes. BUT you can use a Jr. Gent set to make a Jr. Emp. you just have to rotate the bushings and cut both ends to the smaller Jr. Gent bushing.

edstreet

At the time there was no option to buy a lotus or I would likely have snagged one of those. I do see one listed now however.

I did list the Retro Jr on the original image, FYI.

Which tube on the Triton is longer? I am assuming it is the upper tube. Just like with the Nouveau Sceptre however the shorter gent length does suffice for that. Anyone want to comment on that with the Triton?

Russianwolf

At the time there was no option to buy a lotus or I would likely have snagged one of those. I do see one listed now however.

I did list the Retro Jr on the original image, FYI.

Which tube on the Triton is longer? I am assuming it is the upper tube. Just like with the Nouveau Sceptre however the shorter gent length does suffice for that. Anyone want to comment on that with the Triton?

Triton tubes are actually slightly shorter than the Jr. Gents

When I do casting I cast mostly Jr. Gent IIs and Panaches. The reason being the Jr. Gent II tubes can be used for the Triton, Jr. Gent, and Scepter without changing the tube length (small mods in the kit like stretching the spring on the rollerballs may be needed). The Panache tubes are nice to use to make a longer lower pen barrel (people with large hands will appreciate the extra length especially in non-posting kits). Most of the time the Panache can also be trimmed down to standard size if you want (just be careful of embedded elements like coins, and watch parts).

Ambidex

Hi Ed..was looking through some older high-end kits I received before I tried such kits. I have them all figured out except the imperial..I was told that the tubes should match the majestic, emporer, and the statesman but the larger diameter tube doesn't fit the bushing as it's smaller. Is this an incorrect tube or were does the imperial take different bushings? I know you have better things to do than answer every little question but I looked at the comparison chart and couldn't locate imperial on the list. Thank you (or anyone else) that can answer this and as soon as I make a pen worthy of your photography will send it your way.:rolleyes::biggrin:

Note edit..looked at the other chart and saw the imperial called for a 35/64ths bit instead of a 37/64ths..not the first time I wished there was a delete post button...but it's nice to know there's unlimited knowledge out there in case!

Last edited:

Russianwolf

Hi Ed..was looking through some older high-end kits I received before I tried such kits. I have them all figured out except the imperial..I was told that the tubes should match the majestic, emporer, and the statesman but the larger diameter tube doesn't fit the bushing as it's smaller. Is this an incorrect tube or were does the imperial take different bushings? I know you have better things to do than answer every little question but I looked at the comparison chart and couldn't locate imperial on the list. Thank you (or anyone else) that can answer this and as soon as I make a pen worthy of your photography will send it your way.:rolleyes::biggrin:

Note edit..looked at the other chart and saw the imperial called for a 35/64ths bit instead of a 37/64ths..not the first time I wished there was a delete post button...but it's nice to know there's unlimited knowledge out there in case!

http://content.penturners.org/library/general_reference/bushingsandtubes.pdf

Better chart for tube sizes, though not up to date.

The Imperial is .539 vs .571 for the Gent.

Ambidex

Thanks Mike..just printed out the entire list so I can refer to it conveniently. I don't know why I didn't do this before:confused: I guess premature senility has set in, but I'm sure it'll get better:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom