Herringbone

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Shot some video on Friday, put the pen together today (Jr. Harold) and shot some more video (instructions on junior series). Then actually LOOKED at the pen---Joe's work is remarkable--very well made, consistent to turn and priced very modestly!!

In the shows we did, I think the pen could be sold VERY comfortably in the mid to high 100's, and I would expect some would be WAY up.

Comments always welcome!!
attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for reading!!

Ed

Attachments

• joe herringbone.jpg
    joe herringbone.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 361
  • joe wood2.jpg
    joe wood2.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 396
Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

I always liked silent movies!!! :rolleyes:

Beautiful blank and pen!

But Ed's voice is so pleasant to listen to. Sometime it is just a pleasure to hear the recording of Ed's telling me ..."You have reached Exotic Blanks."

Maybe some time in the future we might even hear Dawn's voice. They are changing all the time. Always for the better. You know hearing Dawn's voice on the recording and Ed's when he pick the phone up will tell you just how busy they are. :eek:

We can wait till tomorrow for the video. Gives me something to dream about. :rolleyes::tongue:

LOVE the picture of the pen Ed. The Kit is great but the blank is what makes that pen a keeper. Very well done.

(Don't cut out to much when you edit Ed) :biggrin:
:alien:

wood128

Great job Ed !! Is the finish CA glue ? For those of you who have made Herringbone blanks ,for this wood blank , I assembled veneer between the pieces by first gluing a long piece of veneer to ONE surface of the 3/4 X 3/4 X 12 strip, then cut the wafers to the desired thickness . Before assembling the wafers , ONE end grain surface had to have veneer also glued up. When assembling the 6 wafers of wood per row , make sure you don't have two pieces of veneer glued to each other. I don't know if this makes sense or not !!!! At least I tried . If you have any questions, please ask. Thanks again Ed . Looking forward to watching and hearing the video.:embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::rolleyes:

Top Bottom