Help needed with tubes for Smitty's pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Larryreitz

OK, this may be a dumb question, but before I go ordering some new pen components I would like to know if anyone sells 12 mm tubes. I am considering Smitty's Cabelero kits from Exotic Blanks. However, since I am prone to messing up I would like to order some extra tubing. The Cabelero kit says it takes 10 and 12 mm drill bits and I assume therefore 10 and 12 mm tubes. I can find 10 mm tubes but only 12.5 mm tubes. I'm assuming 12.5 is too big and even if I can drill it out the components may be loose fitting. I've looked through Exotics and PSI web sites for 12 mm and could not find any. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Larry Reitz

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
OK, this may be a dumb question, but before I go ordering some new pen components I would like to know if anyone sells 12 mm tubes. I am considering Smitty's Cabelero kits from Exotic Blanks. However, since I am prone to messing up I would like to order some extra tubing. The Cabelero kit says it takes 10 and 12 mm drill bits and I assume therefore 10 and 12 mm tubes. I can find 10 mm tubes but only 12.5 mm tubes. I'm assuming 12.5 is too big and even if I can drill it out the components may be loose fitting. I've looked through Exotics and PSI web sites for 12 mm and could not find any. Any suggestions or help would be much appreciated.

Regards
Larry Reitz
Since they just got all of my stuff Ed and Dawn might not have found them yet, but I am almost certain that I sent them some spare tubes for Caballero ... ask them to look.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
We have not been able to locate tubes yet.

I did compare with Baron and my "gut instinct" is that it will work. NOW, give me a couple days and I can actually TRY IT!!! THEN, I will give a more studied answer.

Always learning!!!

Ed

KenV

Ed, I have substituted the cap tubes between the two. My process is to lightly ream the ends of the tubes, and remember no difficulty in assembly. One was a small amount shorter than the other, something like 10 thousands.

Top Bottom