Fixed my own phone.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

workinforwood

My iPhone was dying fast, like 5 min on the phone battery dead and 5 min on charger fully charged. After an hour at the sprint store they said battery was yellow to green so might be bad but more likely my iOS was to out of date. I refuse to update the iOS because my hotspot software not comparable with newer updates...but I can't really tell them about that :wink:
To get a new battery was $240!!! I can't believe that, so I just took my phone home. I looked on eBay, $4.98 for battery and it comes with the tools to install it, $2 shipping. Sounds way to good to be true but obviously worth that gamble. Only 3 days later the battery arrived. I googled how to install new battery, 10 min later it was in. Now two days later and phone is still fully charged! Amazing :highfive: ebay!!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toddlajoie

Jeff, glad to hear that. I have been tempted to change the battery in my IPod Touch, as it is doing similar to what you say, but I've been scared off by claims that the batteries don't last (i.e. in a month or 2 it won't hold a charge...) I hope that in a few months you can report that things are still going strong!!!

NittanyLion

Jeff, glad to hear that. I have been tempted to change the battery in my IPod Touch, as it is doing similar to what you say, but I've been scared off by claims that the batteries don't last (i.e. in a month or 2 it won't hold a charge...) I hope that in a few months you can report that things are still going strong!!!

I've replaced batteries in 3 iPhones and two of my daughters iPod touches. All have been successful and lasted as long as the original. A couple websites provide detailed descriptions. Find the batteries on eBay, just make sure you buy from someone with good ratings. It's really pretty easy. Best of luck!

alphageek

Former Moderator
I'm not sure that I would have went with a $5 battery, but yes - many of the aftermarket batteries are very good. I've swapped out the battery in my 5+ year old macbook with and aftermarket one with great luck.

Ligget

Please be careful when charging these cheaper batteries and I include cheap aftermarket i-phone chargers too, in my previous life as a firefighter there were many cases of overheating and actual fires from these products.

Last edited:
Top Bottom